'01 Grand Prix GTP for parts

'01 Grand Prix GTP Special Edition for parts

My '01 GTP Special Edition with 185k miles spun a bearing after the LIM gasket went on it (discovered this after the fact). I've started it up a couple times since it sat, but I haven't started it in a while and wouldn't take any chances driving it anywhere, especially with all the coolant that dumped into the block.

UPDATE 9/30: I will be looking to snag the SE parts off the car within the next week or 2, immediately after which the rest of the car will be hauled off to a junkyard. Last chance to get the car as a whole (only thing missing is the PCM) for $750 (firm). I know that's a bit high for a parts car, but if you're looking to buy several Special Edition cosmetic pieces, it's actually a good price considering what those parts go for individually. You could even stand to get most of your money back, if not MAKE money parting out the rest of the car yourself. Otherwise, below are prices I'll be looking to get for some of the parts I've been getting HOUNDED for on craigslist (because people don't seem to understand what "not parting it out yet" means).

Special Edition appearance pieces:

Hood - $275 (some rock chips with a few of them mildly rusty, some small dings/dents and a cut in one of the heat extractors).
Trunk lid with spoiler - $250 (clear coat peeling badly on spoiler, a bit of rust on the lip of the trunk lid).
Roof rails - $200 (in pretty solid overall condition).
2-tone interior - $350 (includes all seats, door panels and gray dash and center console trim pieces; driver's seat rough, but rest in good shape).
Dual-twin exhaust tips - $50 (don't have the means to hack these off, so please bring tools if interested).

Regular GP/GTP parts

HUD - $80 (includes HUD unit, dash cover and switches; wire harnesses can be included if needed).
DIC - $40 (works perfectly)
CD Player - $30 (some of the lights stopped working after I opened up the faceplate to swap display light bulbs, but the display works and it plays CDs without a problem).​

Other details about the car for those that might be interested in it as a whole. It has 185k miles (original motor, trans and supercharger), and came with every option but the Bose system. It is, and always has been bone stock. The motor spun a bearing, so it is no good. The rocker panels are rusted to hell (driver's side has completely disintegrated), most of the body panels are dented and/or rusty after 2 accidents (rear left door was replaced, and is in good shape), and the clear coat is peeling/paint is fading on the spoiler and rear bumper cover, per usual with GM. Struts and springs are toast (rear springs broke).

Pros, it does have low mileage control arms (stock), outer tie rods and front wheel bearings. One front axle is a ZZP stage II, and the other is a NAPA replacement, but they're both only about 3 years old at most. It also has drilled and slotted rotors at all 4 corners that still work fine. The interior is in pretty nice shape minus the driver's seat leather. All amenities work save for the power seat that has 2 modes; off, and 3rd degree burn on your ass.

Last edited:
Where is it located? I would like to see it in person.

NW side of Naperville.

How does your heated seat work? Mine would stay on and drain the battery. Had to pull the relay. If it works I may be interested.

It has 2 modes: Off, and 3rd degree burns on your bum. There is a short the heated seats on these cars develop over time, resulting in a few possible problems ranging from what yours is doing, to what mine is doing. It can be fixed, but it involves taking the leather cover off and getting to the power wire running to the heating element.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
NW side of Naperville.

It has 2 modes: Off, and 3rd degree burns on your bum. There is a short the heated seats on these cars develop over time, resulting in a few possible problems ranging from what yours is doing, to what mine is doing. It can be fixed, but it involves taking the leather cover off and getting to the power wire running to the heating element.

I've done that actually. The wires were not touching and I patched them up just incase. I'm nearly certain it the module/relay

Bumpidy. The moving and/or stripping of this car will commence either by this Monday, or next weekend depending on a few things. Offer still stands to come see the parts before they're even off the car, or to buy the car outright for $900 as it sits (complete). I was just at the U-Pull-It in Aurora yesterday, and was quoted $350 if I can bring the car in myself, or less $50 if they have to come get it from me. That's a hefty chunk of what you're paying for the whole car right there, making what you decide to keep for yourself or sell off that much cheaper.

OK, so I forgot to mention some time ago that this fell through due to an emergency with one of the buyer's other cars. I haven't had time to do jack with it since, not to mention the weather hasn't exactly been helpful. Now that it's finally starting to get decent outside, I want to get moving on this. If it doesn't sell as a whole for $900 soon, I'll tear down whatever I can in my apartment parking lot on the next free weekend I get, and just have the rest hauled off to the yard for whatever they'll give me.

Me too, I took him to buy it!

Indeed! Though PANDA is correct. I don't know the name of the place (I presume it's what he said), but I know he saw it right after I bought it at a meet somewhere around Arlington Heights/Busse Woods, not at Herrick Lake.

GroupShotc.jpg

GroupShota.jpg

RareGMFan4.jpg

Didn't even have the plates, yet. It deserved a better life. But alas, 185k miles and 14 ungaraged Chicago winters kicked its ass, and I certainly didn't help matters as I kinda' lost site of fixing her up after the 2nd accident (neither accident being my fault), and she just got neglected from there. :(

Sorry [MENTION=2454]ScottyB[/MENTION]. Didn't see this until now. You were the guy I snagged a tire on a Crown Vic steel wheel from a few years back I think? Was this your car?

ScottyB1.jpg

If so, that was actually at Herrick Lake in Wheaton, not at the meet from the pics in my last post. Think I told you about the meet when I was picking up the wheel. If that's your car, I've got a few more pics if you want me to PM the links to them.

Update on the car, I will be looking to part it out first free weekend that I have, which is looking like the 3rd or 4th weekend of May at this point, so if someone wants it whole before than, LMK.

OK, so this has really dragged out way too long due to one thing after another popping up on the weekends, but I'll be looking to grab whatever quick/easy to remove parts I can get off this car (mostly the SE specific pieces) in the next week or two so I can get her hauled away once and for all. Last ditch effort to get rid of the car as a whole (only thing missing is the PCM) for $750 (firm).

Thread Info