đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i mean think about the vehicles you guys are coming from... tauraursusrusus don't have the best record for reliability... nor do awd tb/ss's or fiat grand cherokees.
Owning since new, I could see keeping something past 200k because you know the vehicle, but if I was in the market for a used 200k+ mile vehicle I wouldn't exactly expect flawless performance out of it. It's a gamble, simple as that. Too many unknown variables on a vehicle that old.

My toorus never broke, mainly because I only kept it to 75k miles lol

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Helping the sis in law work a deal on a 2019 430i xdrive...they're taking like $11k off this thing ($51700 sticker). Not bad for a new bmw, they don't usually discount that heavily

The Beast The Beast I don't think she's going to lease, but will let you know how this plays out. She thinks she might move within 1-2 years and doesn't want to have to worry about getting out of the lease.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I have had many vehicles cross that mark and currently have two creeping up to it. One has to also factor in age to the mileage. Some fleet vehicles will be 3 years old and have 200k or more on them. I wouldn't expect them to be problems in general. But factor in age, it's not the engines I'm worried about, it's all the ancillary stuff that age and mileage just wear them down. The two I have creeping up to it, one is 20 years old and the other 12-13... Shit elsewhere is breaking. But the engines keep going.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thoughts fellas

wasn't Outlaw Outlaw considering/looking/thinking about one of these? maybe he'd know.

do they share shit with priususeses? cuz those are plenty reliable with higher miles... easy enough to work on too.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Thoughts fellas

I vote yes but for under 2 grand. Tons of Camry hybrid taxi’s out there with double that mileage which I believe it shares the similar year Camry hybrids drivetrain. However anything at that price/mileage is a crap shoot, a similar domestic would probably be priced about $1500. However the battery pack might be an issue and I believe you need a scan tool (such as a dealer or higher end sayyyy snap on solus or something) to check it’s condition.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Owning since new, I could see keeping something past 200k because you know the vehicle, but if I was in the market for a used 200k+ mile vehicle I wouldn't exactly expect flawless performance out of it. It's a gamble, simple as that. Too many unknown variables on a vehicle that old.

My toorus never broke, mainly because I only kept it to 75k miles lol

we have a few 4.8 express vans that are 7+ years old with over 250k on them that we rarely do anything to... oil change, occasional water pump here and there, basic bullshit but they keep on ticking.

couple v6 2011-2013 f150's with mid to upper 200's also that run nice.

right now im going to have an 08 ish express van with around 87k on it and a 13 with around 198 on it... one will be our backup for when dude's vehicles are being serviced whatever, and im leaning hard towards selling the 08ish one and keeping the higher mile one i know is solid.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I vote yes but for under 2 grand. Tons of Camry hybrid taxi’s out there with double that mileage which I believe it shares the similar year Camry hybrids drivetrain. However anything at that price/mileage is a crap shoot, a similar domestic would probably be priced about $1500. However the battery pack might be an issue and I believe you need a scan tool (such as a dealer or higher end sayyyy snap on solus or something) to check it’s condition.
I'd be offering lower then what they have posted that's for sure

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

my buddy who is far from mechanically/vehicle inclined WATCHED A SWEET YOUTUBE VIDEO and replaced cells of his prius's's's battery pack.

Thread Info