🤬 What Made You Say “WTF” Today?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Off to a rough start today. My flywheel bolts were supposed to ship yesterday. After not getting a notification, I decided to investigate.
1617276644479.png

It's time to face facts. My car is not getting done this summer. I guess I'll kick sand.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
They have blister packs with most of their regular metric bolts and s*** but it's usually only five pieces to a blister pack search through their online listing and you will probably find those packets in stock. You'll just have to buy two or three of them
Summit has a full pack supposedly in-stock, but I'm tired of playing these games. I need to do some quicker work with more rewarding results or I'm going to burn myself out again. Getting the engine buttoned back up will be a good milestone and stopping point before moving onto any one of the other three cars that need attention.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
This fucking project manager who keeps creating scheduling conflicts for meetings.

Me: Do you have Scheduling Assistant (in Outlook)
Him:I have a scheduling assistnat?
Me:If you create a new meeting in outlook, go into "Scheduling assistant" on the invite and you can see the invitees calendars.
Him:Oh, I use that all the time.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I have now hit two birds, in two days, both in Batavia, both with the G8...

#1 was yesterday morning. He was one of those little ones that was with three or four others in the road, as I was driving toward them. He wasn't smart enough and I heard him hit the underside of the car, only to see him flopping around in the street after.

#2 was this morning, a little further along from where we were yesterday, two of them took off as I approached, the second one hit the passenger a-pillar.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I have now hit two birds, in two days, both in Batavia, both with the G8...

#1 was yesterday morning. He was one of those little ones that was with three or four others in the road, as I was driving toward them. He wasn't smart enough and I heard him hit the underside of the car, only to see him flopping around in the street after.

#2 was this morning, a little further along from where we were yesterday, two of them took off as I approached, the second one hit the passenger a-pillar.

I hit two ducks, within 3 days, back when I had my GTO.
1) Duck walked out in front of me and I could do nothing. It bounced off the side of the car.
2) Duck literally flew into the front of my car and got punted like a football. I felt bad for this one because it's mate was also there and was going crazy on the side of the road where it landed.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
This bulging bag is completely full of trash that I picked up within 5ft of my yard. Most of it is candy wrappers and Kroger ads, but some of it is bits of styrofoam cups, cans, and other shit that doesn't just get away from people in the wind.
1622634544819.png

Before I go on my rant, here's context to why I'm picking up trash outside my property. My yard backs up Khol's which is separated by a privacy fence (unfortunately not mine) and two rows of well established pine trees. Neither Khol's nor Kroger (next door to Khol's) give a shit about the trash that blows all over the neighborhood. The trees and fence are 25 years old. Technically Khol's is part of our HOA and is under a contract to maintain their section of fence. They sorta did for the first time ever in March, but that "fix" only consisted of replacing the missing boards. The entire sections that were falling over stayed that way. :rolleyes: No joke. They nailed new boards on to nearly horizontal sections of fence which came of off as spiteful to me. While I refuse to do the job for them or spend any money on their junk, I don't want my yard looking like crap because of them. Yesterday marks the second time that I decided to take matters upon myself, tread through the Khol's garbage jungle, and drive a few screws into their ratchet assed fence. If I don't, the garbage situation in my yard is only amplified. For some reason, they still have a guy who mows between the fence and the trees. He has no problem mowing the garbage which only makes the problem more difficult to reverse. It also makes the trash small enough to slip through the fence.

I don't know who to be more disgusted with. Is it Kohl's for being a negligent neighbor? Is it humanity for just being okay with garbage flying around like this? In the end, I guess it doesn't matter. It is what it is. Maybe I'll throw some shade on Nextdoor to stir up the Karens.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This bulging bag is completely full of trash that I picked up within 5ft of my yard. Most of it is candy wrappers and Kroger ads, but some of it is bits of styrofoam cups, cans, and other shit that doesn't just get away from people in the wind.
View attachment 90699
Before I go on my rant, here's context to why I'm picking up trash outside my property. My yard backs up Khol's which is separated by a privacy fence (unfortunately not mine) and two rows of well established pine trees. Neither Khol's nor Kroger (next door to Khol's) give a shit about the trash that blows all over the neighborhood. The trees and fence are 25 years old. Technically Khol's is part of our HOA and is under a contract to maintain their section of fence. They sorta did for the first time ever in March, but that "fix" only consisted of replacing the missing boards. The entire sections that were falling over stayed that way. :rolleyes: No joke. They nailed new boards on to nearly horizontal sections of fence which came of off as spiteful to me. While I refuse to do the job for them or spend any money on their junk, I don't want my yard looking like crap because of them. Yesterday marks the second time that I decided to take matters upon myself, tread through the Khol's garbage jungle, and drive a few screws into their ratchet assed fence. If I don't, the garbage situation in my yard is only amplified. For some reason, they still have a guy who mows between the fence and the trees. He has no problem mowing the garbage which only makes the problem more difficult to reverse. It also makes the trash small enough to slip through the fence.

I don't know who to be more disgusted with. Is it Kohl's for being a negligent neighbor? Is it humanity for just being okay with garbage flying around like this? In the end, I guess it doesn't matter. It is what it is. Maybe I'll throw some shade on Nextdoor to stir up the Karens.
It’s humanity. So few people give a shit about their garbage. I’ll see people put out their cans for trash day that are overflowing and the wind blows the garbage all over. They’ll walk right past and give no fucks. I live up against a four lane road and people throw their garbage out the window all the time, or into the back of their truck, which, duh, the shit is going to blow out.

Start figuring a way to track the garbage and enforce the littering fine and you might be able to have a scare tactic. Unless a cop sees the person do it, will never happen.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Never mind the cloud. I'll keep cutting. Lol

I stopped to get this picture. I couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 93637

That looks like me when the Troy-bilt mower is being a little bitch and I have to drag out the Honduhh which I usually forget to release the choke on... Plus side is, hey... no mosquitoes for at least a day...

Thread Info