cocktail.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Today I got bitched out by a fellow IT user because I wrote a script that moves files via an encrypted archive format. It randomly generates a password, compresses it into encrypted archive, moves the file, and then decrypts it on the other end. This is required because of how sensitive the data is at times.

Well, today, the fellow IT guy interrupted the process so it didn't do the auto decrypt and had to be manually decrypted.

He asked for help so I remote into his computer and showed him where to find the temporary password it generated. When he realized he needed to go to the other computer and type the below password I heard swear words I hadn't heard in a while!

Code:
RO8gRYVcMX7g3tKNgK98nx8QIEMm2R4rECHOJrJGJPzuNtI3ECHO8Pzky38ELi3XbrcJsJ7uFJptcl2Hav54FrECHO$Q52DHu7LSHxJXSB8Sl3Ndg5j6AwEm$4gOyOSTcvl6ECHOECHO6WC

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Today I got bitched out by a fellow IT user because I wrote a script that moves files via an encrypted archive format. It randomly generates a password, compresses it into encrypted archive, moves the file, and then decrypts it on the other end. This is required because of how sensitive the data is at times.

Well, today, the fellow IT guy interrupted the process so it didn't do the auto decrypt and had to be manually decrypted.

He asked for help so I remote into his computer and showed him where to find the temporary password it generated. When he realized he needed to go to the other computer and type the below password I heard swear words I hadn't heard in a while!

Code:
RO8gRYVcMX7g3tKNgK98nx8QIEMm2R4rECHOJrJGJPzuNtI3ECHO8Pzky38ELi3XbrcJsJ7uFJptcl2Hav54FrECHO$Q52DHu7LSHxJXSB8Sl3Ndg5j6AwEm$4gOyOSTcvl6ECHOECHO6WC
I should also mention that it uses AES 256bit encryption as the format.

So combined with that random ass password, good luck brute forcing it. :)

Thread Info