?????

Happy St Patty's

20220317_154753.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Threw new Bridgestone Battlax tires on the KTM 390 Adventure over the weekend. I like how it turned out! Now just need to get the salt gone so I can take it for a rip and break in the tires a bit!

View attachment 114594
Nice! Same powertrain as my Svartipilen 401. I just went with some more road friendly tires (Dunlop Mutant) to replace my worn Scorpion STRs, but I can probably still hit some dirt and gravel roads.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Been riding all week. Trying to get in that 1000 miles as quick as possible.
I just ordered Dominator Industries 12" Meat Hook Apes for my Street Glide. All pre-wired internally, internal throttle already wired, clutch and brake cable extensions as well. Everyone says you don't need the clutch and brake extensions and to just run them another way. I'd rather do the build the right way and not have cables where they shouldn't be and stretched out more than they should be. The whole kit isn't a bad price either. I'm sure I could have pieced it all together a bit cheaper, but not having to run wires and all that BS will save so much time. These will literally be plug and play for the most part.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I have precisely zero miles on either bike, or bicycle for this season. Was going to take it out yesterday after work but had to take the cat to the vet. By the time I had gotten back it had sprinkled and I lost motivation. Maybe this sunday if the roads are decent.
Should have put cat in a backpack.

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I'm gonna lose my mind if they decide to salt the fucking streets again today because of the "possibly mixed with mild snow" in the forecast...
There’s little salt mounds by all the intersections in my neighborhood still lol, I’ve been trying to ramp them

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Been riding all week. Trying to get in that 1000 miles as quick as possible.
I just ordered Dominator Industries 12" Meat Hook Apes for my Street Glide. All pre-wired internally, internal throttle already wired, clutch and brake cable extensions as well. Everyone says you don't need the clutch and brake extensions and to just run them another way. I'd rather do the build the right way and not have cables where they shouldn't be and stretched out more than they should be. The whole kit isn't a bad price either. I'm sure I could have pieced it all together a bit cheaper, but not having to run wires and all that BS will save so much time. These will literally be plug and play for the most part.
I did 10s. You won't need the extensions for the brake and clutch. By "rerouting" you have to cut 5 or 6 zip ties to make some slack. I did need the harness extensions though, even though they say you don't for 10s.

Regardless, it's an easy job. Took me 3 hours including running all the wiring through the bars.

My advice, get some saddlebag guards on that bike too. Ask me how I know. ?

Reactions: 1MEANGT and Spivitz

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
It was a beautiful day so I rode to work Wednesday afternoon.

20220317_154348.jpg

Got home that night and went to put it away. I use a dolly to get it as close to the wall as possible since I don't have a lot of space in the garage. Started to ride onto the dolly, front wheel was lined up fine. I think the back wheel wasn't lined up the best and when it got up onto the dolly it rubbed on the channel it rides on. It started to go over and I tried to catch it but I think my foot slipped on the mess of dirt and salt from parking the car. She went all the way over. The engine guard mostly did its job, but took some damage. No big deal, I can pull it off and have it powdercoated. The right saddlebag did hit also, so there's a small spot where the paint is fucked.

20220320_131848.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
You know what really sucked? Picking that bitch up myself while half on the dolly and half off.

Years ago, like 2006 I met my Father, Brothers at the bar.
I was all happy, forgot to put the kick stand down on the Heritage.

Fortunately with my crash bars it did not go over but Ya, like you said Heavy fucker and your bike is even heavier

• Sad
Reactions: Aron

Thread Info