🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Dude, that's a pretty good deal.

Friend of mine with a 2009 BMW K1300R wants to do the EagleRider rental to see what he wants to get next. Sounds like a good plan. Didn't know you could get credits as well.
Yeah, I got the membership because it's a pretty decent deal to use the credits to rent a bike for a trip. It's $30 a month for the lowest level, and you earn 1 credit per month. When you rent, 1 credit is worth a lot more than the $30 you spent, so it makes it worth it. For example, we're going to Sturgis this year. I'm renting a Road King for one of our friends using my membership. For the whole week it would have costed minimum of almost $1700. He's paying just over 800 with my credits. It's a killer deal if you plan to use it.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Exactly what I'm looking for. Away from the traffic and more enjoyable.

I think the Dragon just gets way too busy. Not sure I'd want to run it on a bike, definitely not during a weekend. I ran it in the car, on a Friday in fog and drizzle. For the entire run only had about 5 or 6 cars coming the other direction and one the direction I was going. Basically had the road to myself, and it would have been awesome had the g/f not gotten motion sick three turns in.
That's why we plan our trips down there for during the week. It's so mjch better than trying to fight weekend traffic and douchebags.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That's why we plan our trips down there for during the week. It's so mjch better than trying to fight weekend traffic and douchebags.
I did that three years in a row. Would go to FL in December to burn up the vacation time I didn't take during the year, which was usually all of it. I'd always plan the return trip to come back through there on a Thursday or Friday. Two years in a row my plans were thwarted by shit weather. 2017 was a massive snow storm that we caught the leading edge of just on the northeast side of Atlanta. Had to bail and head home instead.

2018 was the same. Had a rapidly developing storm in the gulf that was moving NE and temps were dropping. Forecast was freezing rain and snow, so hauled ass back home. I did come up through Ashland, NC where a friend lives and she said "keep going, do NOT stop". Within a few hours they were skiing down their streets and pulling saucer sleds with her jeep.

So 2019 was the first year it was decent enough, even with the fog/drizzle/rain. After the motion sickness crap (long story) I vowed I'd go back to do it again, w/o her, and I intend to.

Edit: December 2020 we didn't do shit, so nothing to report ?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Engine oil, primary fluid, transmission fluid changed.
44,547 miles on.

Washed.

Time to boogie.

:fy:

20210306_135202.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Anyone need some nostalgia for their next bike?

1615239778045.png

ENGINE
Type: Air/oil-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder
Displacement: 445cc
Compression ratio: 10:1
Starting: Electric
TIMING SYSTEM
Type: Single overhead camshaft, 4 valve
LUBRICATION
Type: Dry sump with gerotor pump, cartridge filter, and oil cooler
IGNITION
Type: Electronic
FUEL SYSTEM
Type: Electronic fuel injection
PRIMARY DRIVE
Drive pinion gear: 24
Clutch ring gear: 64
Transmission ratio: 2.667
CLUTCH
Type: Wet, multi-plate
CHASSIS
Type: Frame: DOM tubular steel double cradle
FRONT SUSPENSION
Type: Proprietary leading-link fork with dual progressive coil-over Ikon shocks
REAR SUSPENSION
Type: Proprietary cantilever transom with dual progressive coil-over Ikon shocks
FRONT BRAKE
Type: 280mm disc with two-piston Brembo floating caliper
REAR BRAKE
Type: 220mm disc with single-piston Brembo floating caliper
RUNNING GEAR, & DISPLAYS
Wheels: CNC machined aluminum hubs with aluminum alloy rims and stainless steel straight-pull spokes
Tires: Front 4.00 x 18, Back 4.50 x 18
Instrumentation: Digital tachometer, speedometer and odometer, with LCD screen and indicator lights
PERFORMANCE, DIMENSIONS, & CAPACITIES
Maximum Power: 30 hp @ 7,500 rpm
Maximum Speed: 90mph
Dimensions: 86’’ long & 31’’ wide. Height without mirrors: 41 inches
Seat Height: 30”
Wheelbase: 56 inches
Fuel Capacity: 2 gal
Dry Weight: 345 pounds

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No way Man, comfortable.
Rides like a Cadillac.

It's the perfect cruiser

:fy:
Oh I bet, but the elevated bars would kill my shoulder. Shit, just sitting at a table with my hands on it, like eating dinner will make it flare up. Need the lower bars until I can figure out what the hell is wrong with it. Made our ride around Lake Superior quite uncomfortable.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Oh I bet, but the elevated bars would kill my shoulder. Shit, just sitting at a table with my hands on it, like eating dinner will make it flare up. Need the lower bars until I can figure out what the hell is wrong with it. Made our ride around Lake Superior quite uncomfortable.

Come on down, take mine for a cruise.
:)

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info