đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
nobody talking about the giant storms off the north east coast

1677857683028.png

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Help me understand the stupidity. The ground is super warm right now being that it's 60* and sunny. It BARELY drops below freezing for lows the next couple nights
:rofl: Damn near verbatim what our VP of sales/marketing just sent out:

Please keep in mind the National Weather Service forecasted snowfall amounts do not take into consideration the warm ground temperatures, meaning most of the snow will be found in grassy and or elevated surfaces. With the recent warm temperatures this week pavement temperatures are still above freezing.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Not much in Maine other than trees, sand for ground and everyone has a house that they've tacked on to every decade. Including homes made out of school busses, moving vans, you name it. Oh and all light switches are on the outside of the room you're going in to.

Oh, and Subaru's are the official car of the state.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not much in Maine other than trees, sand for ground and everyone has a house that they've tacked on to every decade. Including homes made out of school busses, moving vans, you name it. Oh and all light switches are on the outside of the room you're going in to.

Oh, and Subaru's are the official car of the state.

yeah you're a sour indoorsman. i'll have fun :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So I HAD to Google map it, this is on the way to one of the houses (the one I mentioend above having to walk across the snow to get to the pool), that my sister lived in. You pass this guys stylish diggs on the way up River Rd.

View attachment 153407
BangBus offsite location

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I HAD to Google map it, this is on the way to one of the houses (the one I mentioend above having to walk across the snow to get to the pool), that my sister lived in. You pass this guys stylish diggs on the way up River Rd.

View attachment 153407

wgaf there's shit holes all over the nation no matter where you go.

i wanna go see acadia national park

1677860229502.png

1677860241080.png

see shit like this

1677860376244.png

and go boating

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It was only a slight bit making fun. In honesty, I do appreciate the ingenuity out there. They turn anything in to homes and then tack on to them every decade as they run out of space and need more.

It is beautiful out there. Silence too much like going up in the northwoods of Wisconsin or Minnesota/Michigan, etc..

And I still am sticking to the story that I NEVER saw a moose therefore they do not exist there. :D

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I put my meteorologist hat back on and came up with more reasons that I think this 4-8" storm warning for my area seems asinine, in addition to the reasons above. I'm not speaking for you northern burbanites because going 50+ miles north can make a big difference

This storm is coming from the southwest, aka warm air. St louis right now is above 50*, dallas which is currently getting hit with major storms from this same system is 80*, so it's not like it's an abnormal southern cold front that is gonna cripple the state of tx for a month. I don't see any cold front coming from the north whatsoever, hell the forecast in Madison WI is ~40* highs today and tomorrow and 50's over the weekend.

So with it being above freezing here Friday during the day and warmer where this storm is coming from...what the fuck makes them think this front is going to turn in to a blizzard machine once it hits central IL? Much less that we're gonna see significant accumulation when the ground isn't frozen?

Most importantly: what degree should I reach out to for my honorary bachelor's in meteorology? This post can be my thesis

View attachment 153324

View attachment 153325
We're only an hour and a half away from the forecast timeframe shown in the last pic above (and first pic below), WHERE'S THE FUCKING SNOW IN CENTRAL IL THROUGH NORTHERN IN YOU MORONS. It's almost as if it wasn't cold enough to snow, especially that far south, and anyone that looked for more than 3 minutes could have realized this.....but you had to make shit up to get views

Yesterday:
1677788258342-png.153325

Now:

1677867723921.png

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Thread Info