• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Welded motor mounts?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Thanks and yeah. I was going to replace it but I'd rather just get the car out this year and worry about that after this motor pops, I'm sure it will by winter time.

I was told by some people that it was super difficult and you had to drop the a-arm go to get access, I've also heard it could be done with a swivel and some extensions. I'm just not a very patient person especially when my Capel tunnel starts starts acting up.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
S1gkle2.jpg

The welder.
Hr97esh.jpg

The welding.
cOu8npX.jpg

Finished product, not pretty but it should hold.
j6lENUb.jpg

VEuUqUu.jpg

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Everyone kept telling me that I'd have to drop the a-arms to get to em. Plus at the last moment I couldn't find the key to get my lugnuts off. Thought it was in my glove box but nope.

Let me rephrase that. We tried to get the nuts in the back with the tires on but could only get to 2 on the drivers side with a 16 mm wrench. Have up at that point.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Everyone kept telling me that I'd have to drop the a-arms to get to em. Plus at the last moment I couldn't find the key to get my lugnuts off. Thought it was in my glove box but nope.

Let me rephrase that. We tried to get the nuts in the back with the tires on but could only get to 2 on the drivers side with a 16 mm wrench. Have up at that point.

I took my wheels off, and had the car on jack stands with the motor out. I replaced them in about 20 minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info