Sanyo 42" LCD TV

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I understand what you can get new models for. I just bought one. My price is based off of market value for used 42" tvs which tends to be around $450 - $500 on sites like Craigslist and $500 shipped on sites like eBay. Either way there tends to be a $450 - $500 investment when you want to buy one used.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I understand what you can get new models for. I just bought one. My price is based off of market value for used 42" tvs which tends to be around $450 - $500 on sites like Craigslist and $500 shipped on sites like eBay. Either way there tends to be a $450 - $500 investment when you want to buy one used.

What brand LCDs though? That makes a huge diff.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
ANY... I buy surplus/ liquidation electronics by the pallet load and sell them so my other job is pricing electronics. It's been my direct experience that I can get $450 for just about any 42" LCD TV through Craigslist and usually $500 for anything that's not Westinghouse, Emprex, etc.

I figured I'd post this here in case anyone was looking for a TV but it's becoming clear that that was a mistake. :hs:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sanyo ain't exactly top of the line either.
You seem to be missing the point so let me break it down. I know what I can get for this TV through other outlets. Before liquidating it through one of those outlets I figured I'd post it here in case anyone was looking for something used.

I'm not sure why you want to keep trying to convince me that it's worth less than it is. It might not seem fair that the value of the TV is so close to that of a brand new TV but it doesn't change what I can sell it for. I can get $500 for it. Therefore $500 is it's current market value.

It is what it is. I'll sell it elsewhere.

Thread Info