1997 Ford Explorer Sport

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
U JUST GOT IT!!!!!!!!! I swear I think my dad is right. Once I buy something I am going to die with it.

I know I just got it!!! But I got it because it was something unique that I knew the history on, and to help a friend.

Between my bonus, and extra income I'd like to get something newer/nicer.

I usually don't like explorers but this one seems real minty. Being a Florida car is awesome too, so many people let these go and now they're rust buckets. Clean car man, good luck with sale.

The truck is in good shape, but I don't think its minty. a spec of touch-up paint, a new fender and hood (White is super common for this generation), and I think it would look far better (which is what I plan on doing either way)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Looks kinda like this :hsughlol:

1997%20Ford%20Explorer%20Sport%20dash.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
you gotta pull the airbag to replace them. Theres a screw on either side of the wheel behind a cover.

I spotted those, I was hoping I wouldn't have to :dunno:

I was going to try to pop off the covers off at the junkyard without destroying them or pulling the whole switches, again, just really a cosmetic thing anyways.

Got hold of a Bra to keep the new hood chip free, and a cargo cover for the rear, and the rear carpet has been replaced, all matching, so the truck has nothing wrong with it or missing minus a single center cap, and those cruise control buttons basically.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
lol, isn't this the same truck you asked us just a few days ago whether you should raise or lower?

I love you Das. Don't ever change.:fy::amsoil:

I replied in the thread that I had decided to just leave it alone...

Many threads I make just for shits and grins, and have no intention of following through, or will change my mind 10 times prior to doing anything :dunno:, it is what it is, but I still don't need 2 cars, barely need 1.

This thread is also from August, I just bumped it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I thought the 5.0 was going into this?

That was the initial plan, but after owning the mustang for a little while now I have zero desire to drive it unless I absolutely have to. The Mustang is much nicer, gets better mpg, has a warranty, and serves 99% purpose minus the lack of space in the rear that the explorer has.

My GF drives a sizeable 4X4 toyota truck, and my roommate has a supercab ranger so the utility of having a truck and a car has diminished pretty much completely, especially with us moving in together.

I lowered the price in the OP as well.

Thread Info