1992 Honda Civic CX

Up for sale is a 1992 Honda Civic CX 5 speed hatchback, white in color with a few small rust spots and some touchup work. body has assorted dings and dents, and the hood is pretty messed up cosmetically, but it latches flush just fine. Underbody is solid, and the tires have plenty of meat on them. Transmission shifts smoothly, and the car comes with 2 spare transmissions, 1 is another wide-geared CX Transmission, the other is a EX Close-Ratio transmission, both are in unknown condition, I got them to be rebuilt.

Parts recently replaced:

Front brake pads, rotors, calipers
Hood Latch and release cabling
Clutch master and Slave cylinders
Radiator
Distributor cap
sparkplugs
sparkplug wires
water pump
and more that I probably can't even think of.

The car has a stock D15B8 bottom end and a D16Y8 head, The following work has been done to the car recently (3 months)

D16Y8 Head, rebuilt with a valve job and resurfaced (with paperwork)
Shaved Alternator only Underdrivepulley (Also with paperwork)
ARP Headstuds
high flow header
high flow catalytic converter
N1 Style catback exhaust
duel bend short-throw shifter
Phearable.net chipped ECU
Accel HEI Supercoil
CAI

Car also has a Manual LX Cluster with tach, 6500RPM redline on the cluster, ECU Redlines at 7800RPM.

Bad stuff:
Headgasket just let go, since the car has ARP headstuds, its maybe a 2-3 hour job at the most to replace it, and I want something with RWD and a V-8 (Or a DSM???)

I'm looking to get what I've spent on this car out of it, not even the value OF the car.

$1700 OBO

*ignore the dates on the pictures, Cameras clock is off*
*this is a picture of the odometer before the D16Y8 headswap, and manual cluster swap*

Dash.jpg

FarDriverRearQuarter.jpg

Front.jpg

PassFrontQuarter.jpg

PassRearQuarter.jpg

PIC-0256.jpg

PIC-0213.jpg

PIC-0207.jpg

PIC-0204.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
damn... i would take it but i dont need a 4th car at my place that doesnt run. because even though it may run now ill want to fuck with it and it wont after... maybe a turbo B will do the trick...

you oculd sell me one of those CRX's and then you can buy dans car...:biggthump:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
umm..... EG>ED

EG>EF>EJ>EK>EM

Light as fuck and easy to swap.

Car is most likely not going to be sold at this point, An admin can kill this thread if they'd like.

Kims dad gave her money to get the SHO insured and plated, so there is no longer pressure for money to get the SHO legal as its on the road so I can just let it sit in my driveway until I feel like working on it again.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
My EG is not JDM, its a Canadian made car, however most 92-95 EG's EJ's were made in the USA, and I'd rather have my Canadian made EG than a US made one.
You can't have an EG unless it was made in Japan and is right hand drive.
OR is a USDM Del Sol or LX.

92-95 EG's were not made in the USA. So the USA made all these JDM right hand driver's and shipped them to Japan?

Stop calling your EJ an EG, it shows stupidity.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm a bit confused, I was under the impression that 92-95 Civic Coupes were EJ's, Hatches EGs and Sedans EG8's

*From Wikipedia*
Coupe: Trims available in the coupe body style (introduced in 1993) were the DX (EJ2) and EX (EJ1).
Hatchback: Trims available in the hatchback body style were the CX, DX, VX (EH2) and Si (EH3). In the European Domestic Market (EDM) the trims available were the DX (EG3/1.3 L; 75 ps), LSi (EG4/1.5 L 90 ps), ESi (EG5/1.6 L SOHC VTEC 125 ps) and the VTi (EG6/1.6 L DOHC VTEC 160 ps).
Sedan: Trims available in the sedan body style were the DX, LX (EG8) and EX (EG9).

That says my Hatch is an EH, which is wrong from both of us.

Thread Info