1998 Ford Ranger - CHEAP

Once my coupe hits the ground, I am going to unload my ranger, so I figure I just kinda get a thread rolling now.

1998 ranger, reg cab, stepside bed, Copper/metallic orange in color.

Tan cloth interior in good shape over all (armrest latch is broken), otherwise nothing else really 'wrong'

Has a factory CD player, PS, A/C, Good heat, etc.

2.5 liter 4 cylinder, gets 18-24mpg, has a spray-in bedliner.

has good tires, and 'splash' alloy rims.

Its 2wd, Motor has a fresh tune-up, Diff was recently serviced.

Truck has a few dings and dents associated with its age and mileage (189K)

Only PROBLEMS the truck has is that the slip-yoke is in need of replacement.

This causes a fluid leak out of the rear main transmission seal slowly over time, as well as a bit more drastic if you park on say a steep incline.

Transmission still shifts perfectly when the fluid level is correct, only 'oddity' it has is that it takes a moment when you put it initially put it into drive (Electronic related I've been told as mine is the first year of this style, no slipping or anything, just seems to take a spec longer than other automatics I've been in)

$1500, otherwise I'll just keep it. Clean IL title in my name.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
PIC-0199.jpg

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i think that tranny lag is a ford thing, my moms truck, an F150, does that, it seems like sits in neutral for a second or 2, surprised when i first got my license, back out of drive way pop it drive and nothing after i nearly floored it, then it slid into drive slight loss of traction haha, good luck with ur sale

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i think that tranny lag is a ford thing, my moms truck, an F150, does that, it seems like sits in neutral for a second or 2, surprised when i first got my license, back out of drive way pop it drive and nothing after i nearly floored it, then it slid into drive slight loss of traction haha, good luck with ur sale

Yea, I had been told it was 'typical'. Truck has never given me the slightest hiccup since I bought it and 'freshened' it up.

Has a new injector also.

Thread Info