2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Long and short: bought the car for myself last fall, I don't really get to drive it much, and the misses has purchased a new DD, so it's time to move on.

2006 GT Premium convertible:
5 Speed
Leather
MyColor
Shaker 500
Factory 3.55s (diff clutch packs were replaced under warranty since this was an early 06)
Ebrake cables replaced under warranty (common issue on verts)
Fresh oil change
Car is nearly flawless
36,xxx miles
Price is firm at 17,800 (Cheapest with the options/miles in the area).

There is a loan out on it, but it is through Bank of America so it is easy to deal with.

DSCN0294.jpg

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
whats next?

A wedding :hsughlol:

But seriously, going to get back into an RBV. Going to get a AWD/4X4 Mercury Mountineer with the 5.0 for a utility vehicle until at least after the wedding (then I will probably upgrade to a nicer/newer pickup). Has to be a Mercury so I can rent trailers from Uhaul as retarded as that is.

Turbo for bmw? :x:

:pedobear:

Next season I will probably go that direction, but at the moment, Goal #1 is getting it driveable.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

RBV = Ford Ranger, Mazda B series trucks, Ford Explorers, Mercury Mountinaneers.

Chassis code here basically signifies "Light ford truck" I figured I'd have some fun with it.

Getting married? How long have you two been dating?

We've known each other for 9 years, Dating a year. Dated in the past as well (didn't go well due to her parents not approving of me basically).

Final goal:
Economical Commuter that's fun (Miata for the misses)
Hauler/Tower/People mover Truck or SUV
Track Rat (Bimmer)

This will give us a way to go racing together, save money on gas for her commute, and something to enjoy when it is nice out. It just doesn't make sense to keep the mustang as much as I like it. I'm sure the BMW will be just as much fun anyways when it is all said and done.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
dont go by blue book on Z's. they go for super cheap. i had to continually drop the price on mine...granted, rob's likely has far less mileage.

That sucks, he thought he'd be getting somewhat close to KBB. I know it is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but it wasn't even close by a long shot.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
My friend is trying to dump his 350z and they also low balled him due to the season almost being over.

KBB has it close to $12/13k and Carmax offered $9k.

I think in all honesty, that a car they don't plan on selling on their lot, that they just 'kick to auction' $4k under 'fair' KBB seems to be the standard (I've had similar quotes twice in the past from them).

Your buddies car was modified IIRC? Which means they'd either have to put it back to stock, or they'd just kick it to auction.

The Mustang I suspect is 'close to the season ending' so they'd be at risk of sitting on it over winter, or just kick it to auction, which is probably why they made the offer they did. I take no offense to it, but obviously I'm a little disappointed as it means I will have to sell it privately.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I believe they pay less for auction cars?

Correct, to my understanding, many 'low-ball' offers are because the car doesn't meet their sale criteria (Less than 8 or 10 years old, under 75K miles, and Stock *or close enough that they can put it back to stock cheaply*).

Anything that doesn't meet that really is an auto-low-ball as it will go to auction (again to my understanding).

I feel the offer that was made on my car was nearly insulting (since it meets all their criteria etc), but again, understandable as they are in the market to make money obviously, and convertibles in August are a slim market so I guess it is no surprise that they would make an offer that would guarantee a profit for them. I'm sure the car will sell for what I want to get for it, I was just hoping sooner than later.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I tried selling my Vert stang in Sept last year. Carmax offered me $7500. The Honda dealership across the street from me paid me $3k more for it. They were willing to pay more b/c they wanted some diversity on their lot which was filled with mostly Hondas...

If you want to get paid full value for the car, you'll have to sell private party. If you want wholesales prices/less than fair market value, then you trade in and/or sell it straight to a dealership.

Thread Info