Alright TCG, tell us about those April Fools Pranks

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Here's mine:

I decided to prank the kids on my bus with Fake Wi-Fi. I went as far as preparing the first part of the prank on March 22nd and that was these fake notices to pass out so that they'd look for #ProjectFakeFreeWiFi:

DgtqbCb.jpg

They included a clear spoiler of the prank on the bottom in clear print just in case they didn't have a mobile device or to later prank the unsuspecting parent that they'd give it to:

GEGG7J0.jpg

That part of the prank would stand on its own but then I decided to take it up a notch or three and actually assemble the Wi-Fi AP in a manner that would reveal the prank for me. This would mean that I could use a spare Wireless router to present itself as the Bus Wi-Fi. Naturally, the router would report to the connecting devices that it didn't have an internet connection unless I provided it with one. That part was easy as long as I allowed the router to connect to my Verizon Jetpack device. Actually doing so, was a bit harder to do. Luckily, I had this old D-Link travel router that would act like a network card for connecting to a wireless network itself. After I got that set up, I uploaded the fake/prank landing page and image to the USB Thumbdrive that I plugged into the USB of the router and set it up. The final task to do was to set a firewall rule to disallow any access to the internet (I didn't want the kids to burn up my data!)

The assortment of hardware to make the prank work:

Jb150SB.jpg

The fake landing page that was not able to be bypassed and was what they were presented with when they went to log into the network (sort of like when you connect to a restaurant wi-fi that wants to show you an ad or make you accept their terms and conditions):

zT3yO6H.jpg

Yesterday, I had the setup booted up and working when I started my routes and a few girls at the first stop decided to spoil the prank to everyone that got onto the bus after them except for this "king of the assholes" fourth grader who told me "you suck!" when he got nailed by the prank.

My high school kids were a little more fun because they didn't spoil it. One girl was extremely excited about it when she read the notice but then was very quiet, just death-staring me over the top of the seat. She later told me that she hated me when I dropped them off.

I really had a lot of fun with it but nobody tried to prank me though... I was sort of disappointed...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Here's mine:

I decided to prank the kids on my bus with Fake Wi-Fi. I went as far as preparing the first part of the prank on March 22nd and that was these fake notices to pass out so that they'd look for #ProjectFakeFreeWiFi:

attachment.php

They included a clear spoiler of the prank on the bottom in clear print just in case they didn't have a mobile device or to later prank the unsuspecting parent that they'd give it to:

attachment.php

That part of the prank would stand on its own but then I decided to take it up a notch or three and actually assemble the Wi-Fi AP in a manner that would reveal the prank for me. This would mean that I could use a spare Wireless router to present itself as the Bus Wi-Fi. Naturally, the router would report to the connecting devices that it didn't have an internet connection unless I provided it with one. That part was easy as long as I allowed the router to connect to my Verizon Jetpack device. Actually doing so, was a bit harder to do. Luckily, I had this old Netgear travel router that would act like a network card for connecting to a wireless network itself. After I got that set up, I uploaded the fake/prank landing page and image to the USB Thumbdrive that I plugged into the USB of the router and set it up. The final task to do was to set a firewall rule to disallow any access to the internet (I didn't want the kids to burn up my data!)

The assortment of hardware to make the prank work:

attachment.php

The fake landing page that was not able to be bypassed and was what they were presented with when they went to log into the network (sort of like when you connect to a restaurant wi-fi that wants to show you an ad or make you accept their terms and conditions):

attachment.php

Yesterday, I had the setup booted up and working when I started my routes and a few girls at the first stop decided to spoil the prank to everyone that got onto the bus after them except for this "king of the assholes" fourth grader who told me "you suck!" when he got nailed by the prank.

My high school kids were a little more fun because they didn't spoil it. One girl was extremely excited about it when she read the notice but then was very quiet, just death-staring me over the top of the seat. She later told me that she hated me when I dropped them off.

I really had a lot of fun with it but nobody tried to prank me though... I was sort of disappointed...

Savage AF...... The time you taken to do this..... Unmatched

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Savage AF...... The time you taken to do this..... Unmatched

I actually did this over two nights... last Friday night I got it all set up then Sunday night I went to tweak it and fucked it up... had to reset the router and start from scratch. It went quicker the second time... and I saved the configuration (DD-WRT Firmware on the router) so that I could do it again one day...

That's hilarious. My MIL teaches at that school I'll ask her if her kids were talking about it.

Harlem High School? nice...

Okay that fucking rocks. Good job.

My 6YO asks me if I wanted a brownie. Finally I say yes, so he pulls a letter E made from brown construction paper from his backpack.

Yeah, a teacher at the elementary school was passing out Brown E's too... hilarious to see the kids reactions!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Window in my civic decided to prank my by busting out while i was putting it down.

and a co worker send out a letter to select vendors about a company name change.

CNC MACHINE PROVIDERS
7 EAST REMINGTON RD.
SCHAUMBURG IL. 60173
PHONE 877-6
FAX 847-882-8

DATE: March 29, 2019

TO: All Yn Inc. / V / P Inc. Staff

RE: Y Name Change

Dear Staff,

The Senior Management of Y Inc. is proud to announce our new
name, CNC Machine Providers. Effective April 2, 2019, our company will no longer be known as Y Inc. We believe our new name, CNC Machine Providers more accurately reflects our company’s mission and what we do for our industry, selling CNC machines.

We look forward to continue our relationship with our longtime partners and will continue to provide outstanding sales, service and parts under our new name.

CNC Machine Providers will build upon our history to provide customers with
quality machines, solutions and support. Thank you in advance for your support
and cooperation as we welcome our new name change.
Best regards,

Akata Kishida

one vendor almost fell for it.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
My Kids tried to get me but it didn’t work. My son opened one of these mini packs of oreo’s I got the other day and put toothpaste inside one of them. 2 per pack. He left it on my work desk at home but he put it in the worst possible spot. I didn’t even see the pack or I would have most definitely ate them lol. I picked up my daughter later that day and she spilled the beans on accident.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Like every thread you make?

Ha Ha! You mean like the Trump thread that has over half a million views and gets over a thousand more a day?

Some threads work, some don't. No big deal on a couple April Fool's threads.

I'd like to see everyone posting about things that interest them.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Ha Ha! You mean like the Trump thread that has over half a million views and gets over a thousand more a day?

Some threads work, some don't. No big deal on a couple April Fool's threads.

I'd like to see everyone posting about things that interest them.
You should just retire, it’s your masterpiece. Every thread after that takes away from it.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info