Skydiving..who has done it?

Jizzums

sweetest bitch
Nov 12, 2007
Warrenville
Real Name
Jamie
Soo I just agreed to go skydiving at the end of the month.

Right now in my head I'm thinking "shitshitshitshitshit" but hope as the weeks pass I can get pretty pumped. Plus there's free camping, and a bar afterwards.

Have any of you gone? I heard its worth it, regardless of if your scared of heights or not (totally me).

I know there is of course risks at hand, but looking to try something I normally wouldn't do.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Couple of times. It's kind of peaceful actually (once you're off the plane).

You hit terminal velocity and pretty much can't tell you're really falling except for the wind, since you can't place yourself in the air relative to anything. You don't get that roller coaster feeling.

Now bungie jumping? Totally different animal. You want an adrenaline rush, that's where it's at.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I spontaneously did when I was in Hawaii and I only had about an hour to prepare. I am terrified of heights but sucked it up and did it. The short time frame helped me not freak out too much about it and I'm glad I went through with it. It was definitely one of the coolest experiences of my life plus the scenery on the North Shore of Oahu was spectacular to look at. I figured if I didn't make it at least I'd go out with a beautiful view :rofl:

The worst part about the whole experience was I was sitting by the door and it was open the majority of the trip up. My best friend sitting behind me kept having the guy I was jumping with fuck with me. He'd nudged me forward a few times, said things like "hopefully I packed the chute right" and "this is my first tandem jump, hope it goes well."

Now in your situation if I never did it and had weeks to think about it, I'd probably psych myself out and not do it. However now that I have gone I would recommend it, very cool experience!

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Not a chance in hell, I am a huge vagina when it comes to heights and I got a kid to take care of. Funny thing too, just flying normally for the first time with my son on the way to peru I got a weird anxiety. I have been travelling my whole life and never thought twice about flying, but something about having my son on the plane had me actually worrying a bit. Its fucking crazy how those little creatures change your outlook on life.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If I could get myself to do it, I know it would be awesome! But I'm too scared, and like the old fart above me, I wouldn't want to chance my son growing up without me. I know you can go a great many other ways, but this is one risk you don't have to take.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Not a chance in hell, I am a huge vagina when it comes to heights and I got a kid to take care of. Funny thing too, just flying normally for the first time with my son on the way to peru I got a weird anxiety. I have been travelling my whole life and never thought twice about flying, but something about having my son on the plane had me actually worrying a bit. Its fucking crazy how those little creatures change your outlook on life.

Buy some xanax lol

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I've taken a couple classes and was working on my license. One of the top 5 things I've done. Super cool, and would definitely recommend. I went solo each time but you can go tandem if you wanted.

Definitely not with Skydive Chicago and their fatality record. Someone just died there last week.

Link to an artcicle? Couldn't find anything.

I do recommend Chicagoland Skydiving Center though. Haven't been to the other skydive facilities, but these guys are awesome. I think they're rated one of the best in the world.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Definitely not with Skydive Chicago and their fatality record. Someone just died there last week.

Do you know the details on that? I had not seen any reports on the investigation yet. Yes, it was their facility the people were using. But was it their equipment and packing or was it her equipment? I know it was a group practicing for a large group holding hands deal of some sort.

Yes there are risks involved obviously. You work to limit those risks. And just like anything else you calculate the risk versus reward. To each their own.

blowerinabox

I have lots of things in boxes.
Apr 18, 2008

I was on a flight and this pretty cute chick next to me was acting so weird. Started to breathe really loud and freaking out as the plane was taxiing to take off. She asked me to hold her hand. So i let her hold my hand. Later she told me it wasn't the flight anxiety it was the vibrator in her pussy that was doing that to her.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I had no fucking clue that some years they were in operation 6-8 people died in 1 year alone!!!! :noes:

That incident rate is way too high for them. FTS [Fuck That Shit]

Only 19 people died in the US from skydiving accidents in 2012. Out of roughly 3.1 million dives. They account for 6 or more?!

To put a good spin on this they show fatalities are less of an occurrence. I am sure due to improvements in training and equipment.

Fatality Average per USPA Membership by Decade

Decade Average fatalities per year Average membership per year Fatalities per thousand members
2010-2012 21.7 33,749 0.64
2000-2009 25.8 32,376 0.80
1990-1999 32.3 28,294 1.14
1980-1989 34.1 15,748 2.17
1970-1979 42.5 12,939 3.28
1961-1969 28.55 7,832 3.65

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I was on a flight and this pretty cute chick next to me was acting so weird. Started to breathe really loud and freaking out as the plane was taxiing to take off. She asked me to hold her hand. So i let her hold my hand. Later she told me it wasn't the flight anxiety it was the vibrator in her pussy that was doing that to her.

I can only hope this is a true story :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info