Official PS4 thread - Releases Nov 15th

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
My game console is my phone... Mobile devises, 1$ or FREE GAMES VS. 60$ ones are why we haven't seen a ps/Xbox change I what, 5-6 years??? That's EONS when speaking of technology and its rate of obsolescence ... Just my opinion though...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Some of the rumors surrounding both consoles kind of suck tho....the main one being zero backwards compatibility AND an inability to play used games :ugh:

Yeah, that is ridiculous. Those places that sell used games are going to be pissed. Other than greed, I see no reason that consoles shouldn't be able to play used games. I could understand if they wanted to limit pirated games, but used games? Come on!

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My game console is my phone... Mobile devises, 1$ or FREE GAMES VS. 60$ ones are why we haven't seen a ps/Xbox change I what, 5-6 years??? That's EONS when speaking of technology and its rate of obsolescence ... Just my opinion though...

I won't argue about the lack in development, but you can't really compare Xbox games to cell phone games. If you're just looking to pass the time while you're taking a dump, sure, a mobile device game is Ok.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think youre gonna see an explosion in mobile gaming...games are getting more and more polished and more of them are including multiplayer.

Phones can already run ps2 style graphics so its only a matter of time before they bridge the gap to this generation. I mean hell, you can already connect a ps3 controller to a phone via bluetooth.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think youre gonna see an explosion in mobile gaming...games are getting more and more polished and more of them are including multiplayer.

Phones can already run ps2 style graphics so its only a matter of time before they bridge the gap to this generation. I mean hell, you can already connect a ps3 controller to a phone via bluetooth.

That intrigues me. My biggest beef with using a mobile device to play games is the lack of complexity in the gaming. The screens are good for either swiping, tilting, or a couple of buttons and a d-pad.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Re: PS4 rumored to be announced Feb 20th

I thought sony released a statement saying they value their used-buying customers and this will NOT be happening?

Ya they won't block used games. Guaranteed.

And the new graphics cards in these things are insane. But I do agree they will also market it as an entertainment unit as well as gaming

I don't get the point. If the graphics will be similar (since all the newer games already have amazing graphics) why new consoles?

My xbox is already an entertainment system (besides the blue ray thing, which I don't care about anyways)..i can play games, download apps, surf the web, etc. etc...so what are the new ones going to have over the old ones?

(the only thing I hate about my xbox is how they made it so it won't recognize my ipod when I plug it in like it used too...fuckers)

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Re: PS4 rumored to be announced Feb 20th

I don't get the point. If the graphics will be similar (since all the newer games already have amazing graphics) why new consoles?

My xbox is already an entertainment system (besides the blue ray thing, which I don't care about anyways)..i can play games, download apps, surf the web, etc. etc...so what are the new ones going to have over the old ones?

(the only thing I hate about my xbox is how they made it so it won't recognize my ipod when I plug it in like it used too...fuckers)

Graphics will be better not similar. I believe both systems don't have the current physics engine that the newer PC graphics cards use. The details will just be more fine tuned, more hair detail, grass, sparks, explosions will be better etc. And more realistic movement when objects hit each other. For example instead of a spark disappearing into the wall, it will hit it and fall to the ground. Plus they will also be able to process way more objects onscreen at once which equals more detail

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info