The focus got new shoes!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yes, I know the rear drums need to get cleaned up a bit, but what do you guys think?

PIC-0522.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i thought you were leasing it and giving it up when the lease is up. .

I bought the car, no way I'd lease an Econobox driving 20K+ miles a year.

Thanks for the comments everyone :) I also debadged the rear of car today too :hs: I snapped some pics but will post them later, I like it and that just leaves tint and a slight drop and I think it will be a good clean little commuter for me for another year or so before I decide to change something else :s00ls:

After owning this car for about a year and a half now, I kinda decided it was time to personalize it a little.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
just pick up some SVT suspension. you can get it super cheap form guys upgrading to coil overs. i belive its a 1" drop for a sedan. i was going to pick some up once the focus needs struts.

No SVT model for 05-07, (The suspension for the 05-07 is kinda an odd-ball year cause its the 'same' as the Mazda 3's, but slightly different so parts are not compatible, and its a fully independent rear which the 00-04 focus's were not IIRC

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
No SVT model for 05-07, (The suspension for the 05-07 is kinda an odd-ball year cause its the 'same' as the Mazda 3's, but slightly different so parts are not compatible, and its a fully independent rear which the 00-04 focus's were not IIRC

got it. well the wifes focus has rear disks!:hsugh:

too bad about that i-beam junk out back though...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Careful with stickier tires, the IRS isn't as strong as the solid. You might snap an axle.

They are fairly sticky tires *can't remember the brand but you can hear them pretty clearly adhering while on the freeway *. They are within 'acceptable width' (P205's *which are standard on ST and some SES models*,while the stock on my SE model is 195) so if something breaks the warranty will cover it. That and honestly, I don't drive the focus very aggressively at all.

Thread Info