My new project

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Whoops.

5ecb44d5.jpg

More pictures to come with the replace/upgrade. Short story, #4 piston ringland is/was going. Stopped driving and went baller status.

Build stats:

Shit on order:

2011 STI Block with CP forged pistons
Full OEM Gasket and Seal Kits for 06-07 Subaru WRX
Group N Engine Mounts for 02-12 Subaru WRX/STi
Torque Solution V3 Billet Pitchstop Engine Mount for 02-12 WRX/STi
Gimmick Motorsports LTW Pulley + Turbo Inlet Hose Combo for 02+ WRX/STi
Fast Motorsports Silicone Radiator Hoses for 02-07 WRX/STi
Fast Motorsports Hood Dampers for 02-07 Subaru WRX/STi

Inb4Ilikebmtsays said. :bowrofl:

Last edited:

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
did you see the Blues lost last night?

oh yeah-- looks like a fun project. what kind of power are you expecting on the stock(ish) turbo?

250ish. Only upgrades are really a turboback, protune, big intercooler, and I'll be adding a turbo inlet which claims 10ish, but I doubt it. Right now I'm going for reliability, eventually wouldn't mind 300 to the wheels.

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
I'll just leave this here....

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1079732&postcount=19

:bowrofl:

The motors have been tried and true for YEARS. You only get 15 mpg if you're on it all the time, and what do you expect with AWD? I have a feeling you have no idea what you're talking about in anyway. My 06 has plenty of top end, and I get more then 15 mpg easily.

It's sad we don't get the cool special models, but you can always get the parts and build up your own.

and i'm gonna make note that i called out that subaru motors suck more dick than a male prostitute

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1080215&postcount=31

Ringland failures are only common on newer models anyways. But that still doesn't show shit for what was posted earlier.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Suggestions from guy with Subaru experience.. and planned "upgrading" for future... just get a stock short block, cheaper and plenty fine for your power goals. Upgrade all the small stuff, like drive shaft, cai, exhaust, etc... just bolt ones. Get quality tune an leave the rest stock... cool cars but, not ment to be messed with you they become one fast money pit... Just trying to help you out. I really have been trying to fix my car for over 6 months, every time I get it together something else breaks and costs another couple G's ... good luck though.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Car already has a protune with full turbo back and TurboXS tmic. CAI won't do shit. This is my 2nd WRX, there's a reason why I came back. I understand the money pit, no real problem with it.

I've not just decided this. The motor issues came up about 3 weeks ago. I work 12 hour days on a computer, plenty of research has been done.

Thread Info