*09 370Z Im back TCG*

One_Quick_Z

Regular
Aug 7, 2009
Seneca Il
Well it has been along time since I have been on this site, so to play catch up and to get all of you guys up to speed on my car I just copied my Journal thread from another forum. So all the info and pictures are in order as they occured. Enjoy!

DAN

I figured I would make a thread on my progress on modding my car to keep it all in one place.

I went to Sound Performance on Sept. 20 to get a baseline dyno done. My car STOCK put down 283whp on a Mustang Dyno, Which I am very pleased with :)

That night I put on Berk Test Pipes and ARK True Dual exhaust. Both parts were made with great quality, But...

After the install I started the car and let me just say it sounded amazing!! But then it started... There was a very high pitched whistle/humming/hissing noise from 3.5k-2.5k rpm's on deceleration. I kept it on the lift and had a co-worker check it out this is what we found.

Due to the increased Exhaust Flow because of the Berk Test Pipes the Xpipe which is on the ARK exhaust system created a wild loud howling whistle. After contacting the ARK they agreed with my conclusion, I am going to send back the exhaust or sell it.

The exhaust sounds great without test pipes or HFCs but im going to keep my Test Pipes installed especially after tackling the "Demon Bolt". which I killed in an hours time for removal of stock cats and installing the test pipes.

Here are some pictures of the install, The new Exhaust I am planning on getting is HKS High Power it is a very similar set up to the ARK but incorporates a "H" pipe rather than a "X" pipe

I am also planning on doing Dynos after installing the new exhaust just waiting on some companies to get back to me.

DAN

scan0001.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

This is a Stock exhaust on a cold start with some rev's to 4k
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/One_Quick_Z/?action=view&current=IMG_0591.mp4

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

Just got back from THMotorsports, Lets just say the HKS Hi-Power Exhaust Looks amazing I will be putting it on later this week then going to Sound Performance soon after for a dyno, then taking it to Byron later this month :)

Here are some pictures of the New"er" exhaust :)

DAN

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Just installed the HKS Exhaust system, Lets just say the Fit and Finish of this product is second to none!

All of the flanges bolted up square, All of the welds were solid, and the adjustable tips are very usefull.

I cant wait to get back to Sound Performance and see what the gain is with the Berk Test Pipes and HKS exhaust

Here is a video clip, Play this on a good speaker set up otherwise its not doing the exhaust justice. There is a little hint of a Hiss in person and for some reason its amplified by the video, But under load there is no trace of it.

Enjoy

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/One_Quick_Z/?action=view&current=IMG_0622.mp4

DAN

Took a few quick photos with my iPhone 4 of the new HKS Exhaust after I detailed the car today in prep for the show tomorrow :)

Here you go enjoy!

DAN

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Just installed K&N Drop in filters and Did the ECU reset for all current mods, Also Just ordered a set of these http://www.hiprospeed.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=370Z

I know that they are not going to give me the crazy power that the G3 Stillen intakes are known for, but for a total under $300 including these Post MAF tubes and Drop in K&N filters Im happy. Also Didnt make sense to spend 500 on intakes when Im going FI in the Future.

I will post pics this week of them installed, Going to call Sound Performance on Monday to get some dyno time :)

DAN

Well, I went to Sound Performance today to get a dyno to see the results of my exhaust bolt-ons/ Berk Test Pipes and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust.... Lets just say I am very very pleased :)

Remember my Baseline dyno results were very good 282whp were the results on my Stock 09 370Z 7AT...... Now I am making 304WHP that is a gain of 22WHP from Berk Test Pipes and HKS Exhaust!! I am a very happy guy :)

Below is a picture of the Dyno sheet with baseline so you can see how the mods gained HP throughout the entire RPM range. Also there is a link to a video of one of my three runs.

Also I went and had a little photoshoot with Blackie once he is done going through the photos he should be posting them for me, Thanks again Young!

DAN

Video Link--->>> http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/One_Quick_Z/?action=view&current=IMG_0638.mp4

Dyno2.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

One_Quick_Z

Regular
Aug 7, 2009
Seneca Il
Cont.

DAN

Well I went to the track to day (Byron Dragway) lets just say it was a little brisk out. The temp was 32 deg when I pulled into the track, They didnt even finish getting the track ready until 11:00AM.

So as you can imagine the track was very slick, seeing how the high temp of the day only reached 45..

The total amount of runs that I had today was around 15, most of them were failed passes due to a bad launch because of how cold the track was or spinning tires from 2nd gear to 3rd again because of how cold the track was.. well most of the runs were low 13's very low, 5 of my runs were 13.2 or lower and I have the slips to prove them.....

But the most interesting time was a 12.9 run! Yes that is right a 12.9 run with exhaust bolt-ons and stock tires! Here is the slip of proof and I even bounced the rev limiter from 3rd to 4th gear, I could have reached a quicker time!

So I say today was a win for me a 12.9 Pass with street tires minimal bolt-ons and a very slick track :)

Enjoy the pics :)

DAN

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Just and update, I will post pictures of parts as they come in and as always show the results with dyno #'s

I just ordered Stance GR+ Coilovers and SPC Camber Arms, GTM Comp Oil Cooler 25 row Setrab (due to GTM Super Charger kit in the future), Fast Intentions Long Tube Headers, and I will have the car tuned with UpRev.

I cant wait to get this stuff here and installed! I was really wanting to get the GTM Stage 1 Supercharger kit but that will have to wait until next spring :)

DAN

Picked up some of my parts today from THMotorsports and Touge Factory (Had to bust out my Skinny Jeans for that one) Stance GR+ Coilovers and SPC Front and Rear Camber Arms is what I got, Still waiting on the Long Tube Headers from FI ETA is at the end of March, also there is a Custom Oil Cooler from GTM on the way. Here are some pictures of the Stance and SPC parts.

DAN

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Fedex dropped this off today!

GTM Oil Cooler -25 Row-

DAN

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

My Fast Intentions Long Tube Headers came in today, and I must say the quality is amazing! I cant wait to hear them paired to my HKS Exhaust :) Here are some quick pictures

DAN

100_0024.jpg

100_0025.jpg

Update on the Z

Well as most of you know I got the car back from Sound Performance, Lets just say I am in love :) From the new stance of the car thanks to a set of Stance USA GR+ Coilovers to the new Exhaust tone that has actually been cleaned up (most of the rasp went away) with a set of Fast Intentions Long Tube Headers (with header wrap got to keep the temps down) I will post some profile pictures to show the drop which is about an inch up front and 3/4's of an inch in the rear... and also a video of the exhaust. Other parts that were installed are SPC front and rear camber kit which allowed me to stay within stock camber specs.... and GTM 25 Row oil cooler which during the meet/cruise on mothers day I saw a high temp of 190 :) seems like its working great!

Now I am just waiting on the UpRev tuning software which I ordered last week and still havent recieved a confermation of yet which doesnt make me happy...

DAN

Just got back from Project X, I must say the car pulls alot stronger throughout the entire RPM range, on the dyno that Project X has access to which is a Dyno Dynamics my car made a baseline of 261whp 205tq after the tune it went 268whp 210tq so needless to say I think the UpRev was worth it. Also had the idle raised a bit and the redline raised 200rpms, and the valet mode.

I just need to get back to SP and use their dyno which is the one where I did my original baseline and bolt-on dynos... Im sure since my last dyno there was 304whp and now that I have the long tube headers and a tune it should be 315whp on the mustang dyno.

I will post the Project X dyno graph when I get a chance... Also an updated video on the exhaust note

DAN

One_Quick_Z

Regular
Aug 7, 2009
Seneca Il
I am Dan I was on here a while back when I had an 06 350Z with full bolt-ons and N20 and then traded it and bought this 09 370Z new in the spring of 09 and then really didnt post on this site anymore and just cruised the Local Z and National Z forums, so I just thought I would start getting back on here and let everyone know what I have been up to!

DAN

Thread Info