Fly like a G6?

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Last night, my fiance and I bought a new car for her to drive.
It's a 2006 G6 GT. It has the 3.5l v6, 4-panel panoramic sunroof, monsoon stereo, remote start, and plenty else. Has 57k miles and was a GM certified used car so we got an extended full warranty and nice 1.9% financing for it too.

I like it, but more importantly is that she likes it even better.

Some quick shots
2010-12-03231311.jpg

2010-12-03231327.jpg

Now I drive our 04 neon as I just sold my slutlass tonight.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've got a 06' G6 GTP coupe manual. I love it as a daily driver. A little more body roll than I would like, the rear window on the coupe is not so great for backing up, but other than that i love it.

I had it at Road America and it was a "fun car" according to the instructors who rode with me.

With the 3.9L I'm averaging about 24mpg right now with a 50/50 mix of hwy and city. The few long highway trips I've take its averaged about 34mpg.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
yeah there's some noises but it's going in for warranty work to fix it on Monday. There's like 3 tsb's out for noisy panoramic sunroofs...

Yeah but I read that in alot of cases it still makes noise, and will possibly have leak issues. Just a FYI. Who knows I haven't read anything recent. Good luck, other than that is a nice looking car!

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I dropped it off at the dealer today for a list or work to be done. There's a lot but it's a mix of promises from the sale and warranty work that needs to be done:

-replace rear-view mirror
-fix vanity mirror as the mirror cover broke off (tsb)
-replace rear pontiac badging as it came off
-fix noisy sunroof (tsb)
-fix missing paint on center console and radio power button
-make a second key and keyless remote
-fix noises from front suspension over bumps - this isn't bad but I'm being anal and there's a tsb out for it so I want to them to look at it/fix it.
-fix adjustable pedals (tsb)

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Oh no!!! That panoramic sunroof is going to be noisy as fuck!!! I said in the other thread I DONT recommend a g6. I have a 06 g6 gt with the panoramic sunroof . I hope u have a better experience!!!!!!!!

Yeah but I read that in alot of cases it still makes noise, and will possibly have leak issues. Just a FYI. Who knows I haven't read anything recent. Good luck, other than that is a nice looking car!

It's noisy and it's been into 3 GM service departments for lots of little stuff and to fix the wind noise and creaking/popping noise from the sunroof... No one can fix it...

Anyone know of a good GM service department that has good experience in fixing these panoramic sunroofs? It sounds like a tea kettle boiling at 60+mph....

Thread Info