So how do you feel about this?

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
Alright for a two decade old Ford from the Last Frontier, or still just a failure?

IMG_2827.jpg

Tempo9-13-082.jpg

4-30-0914.jpg

IMG_8292-2.jpg

Tempo2-7-092-1.jpg

IMG_4281-2.jpg

P5290022-1.jpg

033-2.jpg

FordTempo4-5-0934.jpg

Tempo10-22-084-4.jpg

FordTempo4-5-0910.jpg

024-1.jpg

P5290010.jpg

I feel unworthy posting this topic amongst people with such desirable and expensive machines. :'(

----------------
Now playing: SafetySuit - Stay
via FoxyTunes

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
I love both the Fox Body Mustangs and, of course, the Taurus. SHO or not, I dig the Bulls almost as much as the Tempo or Topaz. ;) I think, and this is purely personal opinion, the Tempo looks better with its bold chrome grill and more formal, elegant lines. Plus, the Tempo could be had with all wheel drive.

Now drop in an SHO into an MTX-IV Tempo two door and you've got something that could possibly be quick.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I realize this, but the people who love their cars generally have better cars then I. I might actually have the least powerful car at TCG.

i have a 90 lumina that i love to death, its a piece of shit but it gets me from A to B so fuck what other people think, plus u live in alaska, i really wouldnt want a nice car with all that snow and what not, id take the stuff u got now

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
i have a 90 lumina that i love to death, its a piece of shit but it gets me from A to B so fuck what other people think, plus u live in alaska, i really wouldnt want a nice car with all that snow and what not, id take the stuff u got now
True stuff. I guess the Tempo is a piece of shit when compared to the pretty cars I see in the TCG banner at the top of my page, but I dunno. Tempo's have some funky/interesting attributes nonetheless.. I think so, at least.

@Importsnrice: The s00ls told me about TCG. He's my hero. If I can wash cars like he does, my life dream will be fulfilled.

----------------
Now playing: Frank Sinatra - All the Way
via FoxyTunes

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
True stuff. I guess the Tempo is a piece of shit when compared to the pretty cars I see in the TCG banner at the top of my page, but I dunno. Tempo's have some funky/interesting attributes nonetheless.. I think so, at least.

@Importsnrice: The s00ls told me about TCG. He's my hero. If I can wash cars like he does, my life dream will be fulfilled.

----------------
Now playing: Frank Sinatra - All the Way
via FoxyTunes

Just go get a sandy beach towel and go to town on the Tempo.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My first car was an 89' Tempo with the 2.3L 4 Cylinder. It was slow as piss but I loved it and it had a floor shifter!

There's a guy in Quebec with a Mercury Topaz sporting a SHO drivetrain. Last I heard he was half way through adding a second engine to the rear of the car...

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
My first car was an 89' Tempo with the 2.3L 4 Cylinder. It was slow as piss but I loved it and it had a floor shifter!

There's a guy in Quebec with a Mercury Topaz sporting a SHO drivetrain. Last I heard he was half way through adding a second engine to the rear of the car...

Very nice.. I love my floor mounted shifter, but I'd love it even more if it were a manual (wrapped in real leather).

Regarding the SHOpaz, I haven't heard too much of him recently.. Got me thinking about about an SHO swap. There are a few beater second generation SHO Taurus' kicking around here. Could acquire one of them, borrow my friend's garage (he has an engine lift), toss in an SHO into a MTX-IV Tempo. The 1992-1994 Tempos used the exact same layout and transmission as the Taurus SHO. Theoretically an SHO swap would be incredibly simple (as far as engine swaps go). The 1992-1994 Tempos were basically the same as the Taurus SHO, minus the actual SHO. Much more lightweight, so I would assume an SHO-equipped Tempo would outrun a stock SHO Taurus.

Thread Info