Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So after a summer of setbacks and breakdowns (pretty much all trans related), I wanted to try and end the season on a high note. A few weeks back my tuner (John over at R&D) fixed a fueling issue I was having with my pump and we had made the plan of putting the car on the dyno one last time. I ran a tank of 93 through the car for Starved Rock and basically ran it dry so that I could have a full and fresh tank of e85. It tested at at around 81% as of last week so I figured it was now or never.

Got the car strapped down and we quickly discovered that both my 93 and corn tune were way off after having fixed the fuel pump issue (not off dangerous, just off as in way rich at WOT). So after making a few pulls to correct, we got back to the cars previous power level, 664+/-. We then went for broke.

The results are below. Injector duty was at 73-75%...at this point, the main limiting factor is my turbo, but I dont really plan on making any more power beyond what I'm at. There are now alot of things I want to fix & replace from both a visual and mechanical standpoint and that will be my gameplan for winter and spring.

This car wouldnt be where its at without John Drew, Winkles and Jason from R&D. Best shop I've ever worked with, hands down, and I encourage anyone with a DSM or Evo (or any car for that matter) to give them a shout.

Sorry for the SD quality...the video creator app for my phone apparently doesnt output in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RZSRpKQx4

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So what you are saying is this beast is finally at 100%?

If so awesome. Glad you can end the season on a high note.

I would say its at 98%. Need to readjust the 93 tune and we should be solid.

Im likely gonna have R&D pull the motor apart this winter (funds pending) to inspect everything and probably upgrade to stronger studs as well. The car has been to a few shops (and run at varying power levels) prior to coming to me and I want to have MY shop make sure everything is sound and apply any fixes they deem necessary.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

RhwqQR6.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
41 is about right. Its still a 4cyl. I'm running a 6266.

Supra, on a bigger turbo, and more motor was at..........30? 31? Something like that.

It should be mentioned that I dont think it was holding 41psi across the board. I think it was tapering off to like 39 or so. Id have to ask John as the dyno sheet doesnt say the boost.

Thread Info