My BMW M135i

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I picked up this car when moving to Poland. Had about 10K Km on it when purchased, now at about 50K.

Car has Xdrive, 8 speed auto, adaptive M suspension and some other bells and whistles like professional nav and the Polski Pakiet Plus. In Europe, BMW will nickel and dime you to death on options and a lot of them are sold a la carte. Didn't matter anyway because this car was really hard to find in a short time and it was take this or drive something lame with a 4 cylinder diesel. We looked at trying to find a GTI, Focus ST, A45 AMG, etc but there were just none to be found and we didn't have time to wait or to go to Germany to shop around.

Same basic underpinnings as the M235i but much more practical. Big cars carry a stigma here and are also very expensive. There is a 23% tax on most goods except food. Gas costs the equivalent of about $6.50 a gallon for premium. Was closer to $8 when we first moved here.

More photos to come, this will have to do for now.

20150607_154618_zpszypusg8h.jpg~original

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I work for a large company and they asked me to help out here at one of our factories for a while.

I've traveled a lot in Europe, actually did more travel in Europe before I moved here. My wife and I had a baby about a month after arriving here so we've been somewhat tied down for a while. We're getting out more now though and will try to fit a few long weekend trips in before the end of the year.

My brother came to visit and we took a road trip to Amsterdam in the BMW which meant crossing all of Germany and a lot of unrestricted speed sections of the autobahn. That was a pretty wild trip. Spent a lot of time on the speed limiter at 255 KPH. Car uses significant amount of oil when driving like that though.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Is it an N54 or an N55?

Don't we have a car like this in the states? I saw a current BMW hatchback here a couple months ago but never got to see what it was.

I would rock the hell out of this nonetheless.

It's an N55 with 315/330.

This car isn't available in the US. Only thing close is the M235i coupe but you lose a seat in the back and the hatch.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's an N55 with 315/330.

This car isn't available in the US. Only thing close is the M235i coupe but you lose a seat in the back and the hatch.

You know what, I just noticed your tail lights. Your car is what I saw here. I wonder if BMW was testing them out here. We got a lot of camo cars and mules in LA. I was wondering why I haven't seen more of them. Now I know why.

Thread Info