Donnie's Sloppy Racecar, Vortec Supra.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Lazy, so despite half of you knowing my plans, I more or less Copy/Pasted from the Poopra Boards. lol.

It's been years since I've dabbled in the MKIII world, since the abrupt end of my 1988 1UZ swap plans back in '09, but now I'm back, after finally finding my Moby Dick- A Cheap but solid White Package.

Car is straight as an arrow. Only cancer is cosmetic and typical of these, few spots around the door handles, Targa, and rear wheel wells. Chassis is otherwise the most solid I've seen in years.

P/O already fully gutted the interior, and as it was initially intended to be his next drift car, even came with some interesting additions such as the front minitubs. I was also happy for this, as the car's first stop is intended to be my buddy's shop for a full cage and chassis bracing, the rationale for which comes next...

I've decided against pursuing my earlier plans of the UZ. Now before you purists crucify me, hear me out. My POS daily driver produces solid 400's at the wheels, I can't settle for anything less than 6xx-7xx's from a dedicated weekend warrior. Next, there is a part of my brain that balks at the concept of going through the effort required to swap, for a gain of a mere 1 liter of displacement. And lastly, budget and longevity wise, I want to toss this car together with the intentions of having it able to hold together as long as plausible, for as little as possible.

Where does all of this lead us? The GM LSx Vortec, naturally, with a large-frame snail and ethanol added to the mix. Current plans is for more or less a revised Sloppy Mechanics build. Aluminum L33's are currently going for less than their Cast 5.3L brethren around here, so the lighter block is the plan for now. Transmitting the power will be a mild-built T56, feeding the rebuilt OEM LSD. I have experience in using Mega-squirt products, so to make things as painless as possible, it will all be run by either my old MS2v3, or the Microsquirt. This is furthered by the fact that the chassis has no OE harness with which to splice a Vortec harness into.

That's all for now. This will be (much like most of the ground-up builds on here) a long, slow process. I can't get the Chassis into my garage until I finish two part-outs and a different engine swap, so there is going to be some lag in my start-up.

Still, look forward to some retarded fun.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
This thread please me.

Knew it would bubba. Hahaha.

If I don't get a FB feature once I get things moving, I'm gonna be upset. :s00ls:

coulda had a 3800jz...

I said I want longevity out of this budget build... L33JZGTE > 3800JZGTE! :noes:

I see you bought Danny's car, nice!

Yeah dude, he a buddy of yours? Was actually shocked, by far the coolest and most legit guy I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with via Craigslist. His dad was awesome as hell too, was talking to us about Byron back in the old days.

will be fun to watch this one!

Once this is done, I'll finally have something I'd want to bring out for the SR cruises. :h5:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I know this guy that knows how to put them together pretty well and he has one that's already ready to go

hBF55B0AF

For $500? :s00ls:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Half of that was already planned Brett. How much is it going to cost me to throw valvetrain upgrades, HGs and studs at a junkyard pullout 5.3 as compared to what it would cost me to fully build a 3800? Especially considering the L33 I'm currently in talks over is priced at only $300?

But I digress, If I wanted only ~4L with limited aftermarket, I'd go with something with existing swap kits, such as the Lexus 1UZ. But I don't, I want more affordable cubes, I want instant torque and lots of it, I want the fast spool of a moderately-high C/R eight-cylinder equipped with a medium-large frame snail.

Remember man, this ain't my first rodeo. lol. Let's just agree to disagree. :dunno:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
yeah you should probably go with the weaker LSx... that way you're not blowing transmissions left and right like us 3800 guys.... you know with our lack of torque and all...

Aren't you one of the guys that was explaining to me all of the weaknesses inherent to the shitty W-body transmissions...?

I digress, we'll find out for sure... Eventually. Toyota V Toyota at 1/2 mile, 2016? :noes:

Thread Info