Real Name
Theresa
My new car:

72E02C57-1AAF-442A-B95D-CA20863B8B49-9374-00000B80C145E5A2.jpg

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I was extremely sad to see it go, but I drove it maybe a total of 3 times in the past year, and it had a lot of damage that needed to be repaired that I just couldn't afford. Plus the dealer gave me a good offer for it.

I know it was a good move, I was just messing with you. I know you both said yours was running a lot rougher these days. The Tacoma's hold their value very well so I'm glad you got a deal.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I know it was a good move, I was just messing with you. I know you both said yours was running a lot rougher these days. The Tacoma's hold their value very well so I'm glad you got a deal.

The next owner of it will be in for a little treat when they go to replace the airfilter :)

It realistically had 3-4k in body damage, which was hidden quite well with the truck being wet last night, and recently waxed.

I'm extremely happy for her, and it takes a huge weight off my shoulders.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Ripped off the buyer :fy:

This was the first time I'd ever worked the Trade in and price completely separate when buying a car from a dealer (Granted it is her car, and just me making sure we didn't get screwed). I've learned my lessons from the past when dealing with dealers, and letting them 'figure it out' type of thing.

Step 1) TrueCar.com
Step 2) Found out that none of the TrueCar 'dealers' had the car we wanted in stock.
Step 3) called Local dealer that had the car, Told them I could get it for $X from other dealers ($1200 under invoice).
Step 4) They called back, said they could do it.
Step 5) Brought truck to dealer, would not give him clear answer what we wanted for it.
Step 6) Ask for a bit more than he offered (which was already very reasonable, considering the damage).
Step 7) Sign the paperwork.

In at 7:10, out by 9:15, smoothest dealership car buying experience I've personally ever had, and the misses got exactly what she wanted, for exactly how much she wanted to pay.

Thread Info