Sold the MC, Bought an SS

Cully77

Regular
Feb 20, 2009
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Scott
Cully's 2012 Camaro

Well I've posted this everywhere else, but I picked up a new ride.

First Manual car so it's been fun learning.

06270bee.jpg

ed88f7ee.jpg

2f23c89f.jpg

5f9b080d.jpg

7195b6be.jpg

Last edited:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Nice man! im jelly.. i rented one and fell in love. one day i hope to own

ive drivin manual like twice my whole life. how difficult is it to do on a regular basis?

My M3 was my first manual car, I bought it in 2008 and pretty much learned on it. Since then, I got rid of my auto Camaro SS for an auto GS430, and then got rid of the GS430 for a 6 speed manual S4. I'd rather drive manual all day, even in traffic.

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
My M3 was my first manual car, I bought it in 2008 and pretty much learned on it. Since then, I got rid of my auto Camaro SS for an auto GS430, and then got rid of the GS430 for a 6 speed manual S4. I'd rather drive manual all day, even in traffic.

Word? i had a few folks tell me it sucks in rush hour and stuff like that. Maybe when i get another f-body i'll force myself to learn.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
It sucks when you're new at driving stick, or if you're a lazy fuck. It becomes second nature eventually.

Shit I haven't driven stick in over a year and I STILL "clutch" when I slam on the brakes and when I'm really tired I catch myself reaching for the shifter occasionally lol

Also, nice pick up! I have been a GM fan all my life and love those SS Camaros, especially with the RS package :drool:

(but hot damn the '13 5.0 stangs are fuckin nice too... Heard the Camaro interior shit out the Mustang one soo... good choice lol)

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Very cool, Cully ... CONGRATULATIONS!

So, when do I get to see it in person? :)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"Crank up the music" __ Steven Curtis Chapman __ 'Live Out Loud'

Cully77

Regular
Feb 20, 2009
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Scott
Keep it stock, trust me. Congrats.

That is the plan actually. I wanted something that I didn't feel like I had to mod. And I know collectability isn't likely to be high, but if I still had it years and years down the road it might be worth more than your run of the mill camaro.

Also--- i drive less than like 3000 miles a year...

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
That is the plan actually. I wanted something that I didn't feel like I had to mod. And I know collectability isn't likely to be high, but if I still had it years and years down the road it might be worth more than your run of the mill camaro.

Also--- i drive less than like 3000 miles a year...

They're great cars for doing that, you'll enjoy it. I mess with things too much and that resulted in catastrophic failure of drive train components. A CAI and a tune really wakes them yet keeps the power level low enough not to case a problem. If you have any questions let me know. I've been through almost every part of these cars.

Thread Info