• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pics of the Prototype Cooling Mod

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Evenflow has ceased production of their kits and turned the rights to their design over to Lethal Performance.

Knowing I have 3 Marauders coming to me within the next few months, I needed to devise a solution.

Before we get down to the pics, this design is simple, kinda crude but the functionality is there. Mind you, I have done NO TESTING yet, this is as far as I have gone with the idea!

Pics:
2011-03-22_09-33-37_101.jpg

2011-03-22_09-34-38_510.jpg

All I did was buy replacement freeze plugs, drill a 1/2" hole then BRAZE a 1/2 tube to the freeze plug.
Basically all you do is pop the existing freeze plug out, then grab a 13/16" deep well socket and drive this back in. A few hoses and a 5/8x5/8x1/2 Tee spliced into the heater hose and you are done.

I will have actual results within a week and install pics.
I have not yet experimented with a 5/8 version but I dont see why it wouldnt work since I braze from the bottom of the freeze plug.

If I decide to make these for a vendor on the Marauder site, there is no reason why this should cost more than 75 bucks with all the components to install it. I will be working on a design for the Eaton Swaps as soon as I get one in for work.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
This is great! It's easy, economical, and will perform just as good as anything currently on the market.

This is what hot rodding is all about, little guys tinkering in the garage, making better aftermarket parts, and doing it on the cheap.

We gotta do something with our talents Zack! Right now were giving it away..

On another note can we go the extra step and make this mod dissapear into the abiss?
I'm thinking making the return go to the pipe that runs under the lower intake?
Put the "t" between the heater core and the tip of the pipe. This way we aren't running it pass heat sensitive parts like the TB and fuel injector harness

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This is great! It's easy, economical, and will perform just as good as anything currently on the market.

This is what hot rodding is all about, little guys tinkering in the garage, making better aftermarket parts, and doing it on the cheap.

We gotta do something with our talents Zack! Right now were giving it away.

No shit right?

I just looked around for a 5/8 x 5/8 x 1/2 coolant tee and came up empty!

I may be going to the store soon and making a 5/8" version.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Zack, Just a thought. To prevent the freeze plug & pipe from being moved, bumped, twisted, pulled from the bore hole by accident some one pulling on hose that could cause leak. Try drilling & brass two stacked freeze plugs apx. 3/16" apart for better seat in bore.

The one pictured leaked so I.scrapped that idea. I made a new one with a brass freeze plug and a brass barbed fitting soldered on. Works like a dream.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info