• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dropped Valve Seat Repair w/Pics

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I took my friend Gary's Marauder in Saturday.
His MM has had a miss that got something terrible in the past few weeks. No engine codes or obvious things wrong.

I pulled the plugs out and knew which hole was bad as soon as I got to #8...it was soaked. I tried a new coil and plug first to rule that out, then did a compression test....FAIL...ZERO

Fast forward to Monday when I started further diagnosis. I popped the cam cover off to find a follower laying in the head. Clue # 1.
Then I popped the other 3 followers off for that cylinder and pressurized the cyliinder with air. A quick trip to the tailpipe and you could hear the air coming out plain as day. Final Clue....valve seat

So quite literally a few hours later im to the point as seen in the pics below.
Head goes into the shop tomorrow. Thankfully the cylinder wall looks good. Im confident the car will run good as new when its back together.
BTW, to save time I pulled the head and exhaust manifold off as a unit.
Dont freak at the pics, I know where everything goes, LOL.

100_2392.jpg

100_2393.jpg

100_2394.jpg

100_2395.jpg

100_2398.jpg

100_2397.jpg

100_2401.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Moving right along.
Picked up the head Friday night....only a 2 day repair! It got a 2 mm oversized valve seat and a new valve. The head got cleaned up and the valves lapped in.
Despite the broken stud in the exhaust manifold (which took hours to extract) this job has been a no-brainer.
Just waiting on the Evenflow Kit and this car will be done and done.

100_2412.jpg

100_2415.jpg

100_2416.jpg

100_2417.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Zack,
Where's Wolfe located?

http://www.wolfengines.com/

They are North of Steger Rd. on Louis Sherman Drive.
First impressions are quite good...I had to beat him up so he would leave the rest of the cylinder head alone and just fix the bad parts. Really respectable attitude Id say.

They have a full staff, engine dyno, huge building and friendly workers.
Ill definitely be going back to have my Boss Shortblock assembled there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info