• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spool -Vs- Trutrac

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
The time is coming soon. I have yet to decide between the MWC 9" and the S60. one thing that makes me undecided is I am not sure if I want to use a spool, trutrack or locker.

From what I have rear the Locker does not behave well on the street and is real bad with a M6 so that is out.

I am really considering a S60 with a trutrac or a MWC with a spool. as they will be about the same price. I know many have ran a spool on the street with no issues but I Dont know how many were M6 like I am. I plan on running a 4.10 or 4.30 and using the car 80%street ans 20% track. the car will not see over 700hp ever and that would be years down the road.

turns I just dont want to have a loud or clunky rear

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
ive read on ls1tech about a lot of people complaining about breaking the trutrac in the s60 with a 6 speed. i am have a spool in my s60 and my car and its a m6. it does fine on the street the only thing you cant do is make really sharp turns but there has not been a parking lot or spot i cant drive into. it does make some noise though. also for the s60 a spool is cheaper.

F

FormulaLS1

ive read on ls1tech about a lot of people complaining about breaking the trutrac in the s60 with a 6 speed. i am have a spool in my s60 and my car and its a m6. it does fine on the street the only thing you cant do is make really sharp turns but there has not been a parking lot or spot i cant drive into. it does make some noise though. also for the s60 a spool is cheaper.

Race car!

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I think most aftermarket rears are loud regardless. Just have to make the car louder or deal with it. I thought it was loud as hell at first, now only passengers notice it. I also hear what brand of gears make a difference. I have Richmond which are known to be very loud. Decel is when the locker is loud. Cruising isn't so bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info