• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

my calipers after coming back from powder pro

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
got my calipers back from powder pro and im pretty happy with their work. here is picture of the calipers before and after.

fbodycal.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
What'd that cost u?

a lot more than i planned not to spend but i figured im going all the way and make it pretty lol. here's what they did. rebuild kit, shaved and smooth, weld the eyelets, weld the rear calipers cathedral shape and make it match to the front calipers, decals, one of the bleeder valve was not thread in correctly (previous owner installed) they fixed it and re-thread the hole. total $530

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
a lot more than i planned not to spend but i figured im going all the way and make it pretty lol. here's what they did. rebuild kit, shaved and smooth, weld the eyelets, weld the rear calipers cathedral shape and make it match to the front calipers, decals, one of the bleeder valve was not thread in correctly (previous owner installed) they fixed it and re-thread the hole. total $530

holy fuck bro. Why dont you buy race car brakes for this race car?

$530 damn no thanks. I bought new complete Fbody calipers from NAPA for like $35 each. I will paint them once a year to keep them looking the best.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
holy fuck bro. Why dont you buy race car brakes for this race car?

$530 damn no thanks. I bought new complete Fbody calipers from NAPA for like $35 each. I will paint them once a year to keep them looking the best.

i have other expensive parts for the t/a than this calipers so im not trippin. if you wanna play you gonna have to pay big that's all i have say.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Pretty calipers don't make the car stop any faster. I would have put that money towards some aftermarket shit.

The man has a point. However, depends on what you're going for. Form or function? :dunno:

That's about the same price I paid for new rotors and pads from strano for all 4 corners... but I chose to just run new/rebuilt stock calipers.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
powercoat > pandas spray job

looks great op!

Most likely, but worth 100x the price? The calipers on the GTP were powercoated by the previous owned and guess what they got chipped and looked like shit eventually. I painted them by hand with proper paint and prep when I replaced them. No issues so far but even if i have to touch them up or repaint every year so what. The price seems absolutely ridiculous for what was done.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
you don't fool anybody panda stop lieing your daddy have a body shop and i know you not going to be painting by hand. beside panda have paws and there is no way a panda can hold brush. oh btw i bet you prob paid some ridiculous price for that panda suit in your sig.

i orginally wanting to do the c5 brake conversion but sean and his friend who have a drag car told me as far as stopping power it will be just about same as the c5 that's why i decide to just do the rebuild kit instead of spending more money for the c5 kit.

for street setup i want to do the stagger look probably 18x11 wheel on the back 315/45 tires
for front stock 17" size wheel/tires. not planning to lower the car. the car will see more of street scene than track. like i said i'll prob take to the track couple times.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
you don't fool anybody panda stop lieing your daddy have a body shop and i know you not going to be painting by hand. beside panda have paws and there is no way a panda can hold brush. oh btw i bet you prob paid some ridiculous price for that panda suit in your sig.

i orginally wanting to do the c5 brake conversion but sean and his friend who have a drag car told me as far as stopping power it will be just about same as the c5 that's why i decide to just do the rebuild kit instead of spending more money for the c5 kit.

for street setup i want to do the stagger look probably 18x11 wheel on the back 315/45 tires
for front stock 17" size wheel/tires. not planning to lower the car. the car will see more of street scene than track. like i said i'll prob take to the track couple times.

My dad wont paint my shit. LOL I just looked at my amazon invoice. I paid $119 for the PANDA suit, and I won $100 at work for best Halloween costume. Not only that but the suit has brought many LOLz at various occasions. Worth the money, id say so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info