• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ported tb deal

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
does anyone know of this guy? He is out of Woodstock.
work looks good to me and a good price

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1413003-ported-polished-powder-coated-throttle-body-sale.html

SALE IS BACK ON FOR THE NEXT 5 ORDERS AS I HAVE BEEN GETTING A TON OF REQUESTS, THEY ARE IN STOCK AND READY TO GO

We are starting a month long sale for our top of the line Ported, Polished and Powder coated Ls1 throttle body. You will not find a nicer throttle body out there, especially for the price.

We have 2 ways to get this done. First we have close to 30 cores so we will send you a finished one right away, you swap them out and send back your stock one for a 100% core refund. Or second you could send us your throttle body to have the work done on it and not pay a core charge either.

Price will be $99 plus shipping which at most would be $13, all shipping is 2 day with tracking. If you are local you can drive your car here and i will swap it out for free, and you dont have to pay shipping. If you need us to send you one of ours first, there is a 100% refunded core charge of $50.

Whats included?

-Throttle body is disassembled, cleaned, and checked out.
-It is fully ported, then smoothed and polished to a mirror shine
-The bump stop is machined down to allow the throttle blade to open 100%
-The front side of the throttle shaft is removed for more airflow
-Media blasted and prepped for coating
-Your choice of color on the throttle body and throttle cam, single coat colors are included at the price, some extra
-Return spring is polished
-Coolant lines can be removed at buyer request for free
-If you send in your TB the IAC sensor will be polished for free
-Complete assembly so its a simple and easy direct swap.
-Some colors are more expensive and some require a clear coat so they are more.

Some of the extras we offer for additional $$...

-Custom color choices, we have 1000's to choose from
-Coolant bypass kit $5 extra
-Epoxy filled vacuum and iac port and machined, this really reduces turbulence of the incoming air and is a great addition to the ported tb $10 extra

Some popular colors for the $99 are the following...

Gloss black, flat black, flat textured black, gloss red, flat textured red, gloss white, these are just some of the most popular.

Colors requiring clear are $10 extra like NBM and most metallics

Chrome is $15 extra since its an expensive powder and requires clear as well.

Now what your all waiting for... Here they are...

Current colors that we have finished and can be shipped out tomorrow are the following... Gloss black, flat black, flat textured black, Chrome, NBM.

ones ready to go...

2011-04-18_15-01-24_275.jpg

a ton more pics on link

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
They look beautiful but speaking from experience, even if he's building those assembly line style, he's not making nearly what he thinks he is. Eventually he's going to realize he's not making much and either stop doing it or raise the price by a lot.

That's a steal for what you're getting. If I were a competitor I'd either a. tell him to make me a bunch or b. buy so many that he can't keep up with demand and then sell what I have on hand for double.

I'm rambling. They look great and they're cheap. My only concern, and it's minor, would be that mirror finish and MAF turbulence. Is the MAF right next to the throttle body on that engine?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So is it still a stock throttle blade? They do look really nice but I just don't see the real benefit of porting up to the throttle blade but it not actually getting any bigger...

Maybe he has a lot of free time and one of those powder coat kits. :dunno:

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
They look beautiful but speaking from experience, even if he's building those assembly line style, he's not making nearly what he thinks he is. Eventually he's going to realize he's not making much and either stop doing it or raise the price by a lot.

That's a steal for what you're getting. If I were a competitor I'd either a. tell him to make me a bunch or b. buy so many that he can't keep up with demand and then sell what I have on hand for double.

I'm rambling. They look great and they're cheap. My only concern, and it's minor, would be that mirror finish and MAF turbulence. Is the MAF right next to the throttle body on that engine?

When I got mine a bit over a month ago he was saying how it was a stupid idea and hes not making any money and its time consuming... yet hes still making them so idk....

And yeah, the MAF is directly in front of the TB... only a bellow seperates them.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Not everyone can afford the price of a new bigger TB. If you just want a little extra this isn't a bad idea. Plus if you are more into show and things looking nice, this is another good thing. Yeah you get a little extra 5-10max but it makes things look real clean.
Different strokes for different folks. I'd consider this though over my 100% stock one.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
The power gains from a ported/polished stock TB are minimal. 5HP MAYBE. For that price, its very reasonable. I did my own. :dunno:

same

So is it still a stock throttle blade? They do look really nice but I just don't see the real benefit of porting up to the throttle blade but it not actually getting any bigger...

Maybe he has a lot of free time and one of those powder coat kits. :dunno:

bumpstop mod
shaving the blade screws
coolant line removal.

bumpstop mod on my 98 netted me 100% opening vs ~96%...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info