• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

t56 rebuild

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
yeah its expensive. theres a lot of options. if you just want syncro's replaced any trans shop should be able to do. for performance theres a lot more

Finish Line Transmission is local
RPM Transmissions in Indiana
Tick Performance in SC
Texas Drivetrains basic build is pretty reasonable
And theres more too

Just auto swap it and sell me your t56:smile:

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
yeah its expensive. theres a lot of options. if you just want syncro's replaced any trans shop should be able to do. for performance theres a lot more

Finish Line Transmission is local
RPM Transmissions in Indiana
Tick Performance in SC
Texas Drivetrains basic build is pretty reasonable
And theres more too

Just auto swap it and sell me your t56:smile:

i cant do it, i love to bang gears too much. lol

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
thanks man, i think im gonna buy that kit and find a local shop to do the rebuild

shop around before you buy the kit :) tick offers a year warranty if they rebuild it, and they know their shit. and it might cost just the same. the level two was almost 700 shipped. figure 1350 for the stage 2 rebuild including the 100 dollars shipping there and the 100 shipping back thats 650-700 for labor. local shops may charge the same.

i'm not reppin them or anything, and i have no personal stake in what you do, but getting it from tick may be the same price, and you are going with a company that does nothing BUT rebuild t56s and has a proven track record, minus a couple people that had catastrophic failure because they don't know crap about their hydraulic system lol

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
shop around before you buy the kit :) tick offers a year warranty if they rebuild it, and they know their shit. and it might cost just the same. the level two was almost 700 shipped. figure 1350 for the stage 2 rebuild including the 100 dollars shipping there and the 100 shipping back thats 650-700 for labor. local shops may charge the same.

i'm not reppin them or anything, and i have no personal stake in what you do, but getting it from tick may be the same price, and you are going with a company that does nothing BUT rebuild t56s and has a proven track record, minus a couple people that had catastrophic failure because they don't know crap about their hydraulic system lol

thanks i alot for the information. i really appreciate it. ill have to given them a call, im really interested in the level 2. it seems like a really good deal

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
thanks i alot for the information. i really appreciate it. ill have to given them a call, im really interested in the level 2. it seems like a really good deal

it is. whats amazing though is seeing the difference between the stock pieces and the upgraded pieces. you hold the rebuild kit in your hand and think "really?! 700 bucks for a bunch of lil keys and synchros n forks"
but hey it works

i'll stick with automatics though. i'm too lazy to shift gears :) i'd rather just tune my pcm to do it for me lol

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
it is. whats amazing though is seeing the difference between the stock pieces and the upgraded pieces. you hold the rebuild kit in your hand and think "really?! 700 bucks for a bunch of lil keys and synchros n forks"
but hey it works

i'll stick with automatics though. i'm too lazy to shift gears :) i'd rather just tune my pcm to do it for me lol

haha thats not me. i think its fun as hell to shift gears but i guess if you have a race car its more partical to have an auto

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
TDP is actually 680 for the stage 2 rebuild, so throw shipping in and your at right around 900 for a stage 2 trans, ive heard nothing but good things about em down here. Tick does GREAT work but if your looking to stay below 1k then TDP is where it's at.

never heard of them. thanks for posting up though. ya learn something new every day! damn inexpensive prices. must have a low overhead lol

haha thats not me. i think its fun as hell to shift gears but i guess if you have a race car its more partical to have an auto

race car my ass. shits super snail slow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info