• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

help diagnose

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Ever since I did the 6.0 swap I've had p2681 and now I've been getting a code for low voltage on my knock sensors.

The truck runs normal when the codes are off/cleared but when they come on I go rich. Its driving me nuts!! I cleaned the block connection for the ground wire coming from the battery, and the 2 on the backside which one is in the trans harness and the other is in the loom for the passenger side injectors.

any suggestions on what could cause this problem?

another symptom that leads me to a ground issue, my voltage drains down on certain things. just putting up the windows or running the defroster. It'll spike and then come back up.

I don't recall nor have I seen any pinched wires

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
ok, so here's another question

How do I remove a knock sensor that wont come out? I tried replacing the back one, but when I broke it loose it just spins but doesn't unscrew. I don't know what they are called but I think there is something like this pressed in the block which the knock sensors screw into and its just spinning but doesn't come out

DSCN1414.JPG

that's the knock sensor location on my 4.8

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm guessing the spinning is happening with the knock sensor itself, not the block or this possible insert you speak of (although I'm pretty sure its not pressed in). If that's the case, then the sensor is almost certainly bad.

Do what you have to get it out. It's pretty fine threads too... so you'll have to turn for a bit to get it to come out....

How tight was it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Smokinhot
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list