• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

help a brotha out

ok guys, when i get my tax return money im most likely going to pull the trigger and buy a set of lpp LTs and y pipe, hooker catback, and most likely find an ls6 inake to do the swap at the same time. my question is, what else should i do while doing this and what do i need.
Im already also going to do plugs and wires
-i know i need the bosch sensors, GM gaskets, clamps for exhaust...
and also should i buy a full ls6 intake meaning fuel rails, injectors, and tb or get my own?????
i know these questons gets repeated constantly on the ls sites but i like askin local guys what they did/do
-thanks in advance

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
you may want to take care of the tires first.

not to get off topic to far but this might help the OP too, but I am looking into some DRs and was wondering what would be more beneficial if I stuck with the 17" rim and either went with a 275 size tire or if I went with a 315 size tire.

Also if I were to get the bigger tire in the back how would that affect the car if say I got a set of lowerig springs? Would I still have clearence in the rear fenderwell?

Do not do any kind of converter until you get a better transmission.

This is the boat I'm in right now. I went with a 3400 stall and it ran like hell! But only for 200 or so miles. The higher stall speed chewed up the 3/4 clutches and now I have to replace the entire trans with something new.

Mail order tuners will not support you down the road when you decide to change something else (like a cam). Your better off listening to the others on here and go to FastMotorSpotrs. I personally went to Speed Inc. And they did the basic tune for 150. When I did my cam they charged me 50 to retune for the big cam. When I did my converter again 50 bucks. Mail order will screw you.

As far as how to spend your money:
Headers.......good
ORY............good
Cat back......good
Plugs and wires.....good
Trans cooler........good
TQ arm/ suspension.....good
a good detail inside and out........good
LS6 intake.........Good
Good oil/trans fluid/rear end oil........real good

Or just give it to me.......real good..lol

forget the O2 sensors and extensions, A basic tune will take care of the error codes associated with removing them. High flow cats are junk. (on ls1 cars)

Also never buy any mods from E-bay. 99% of the mods you can buy on E-bay can be done by you with a few bucks and some simple parts from your local hardware shop. There are many people that have detailed instructions on how to do these mods. Do the research, ask questions, then spend your money.

Wait on the converter till you replace the stock 4L60E trans......They are garbage when you start to put down some real power. After you get a good motor/trans setup putting down some good HP/TQ, it's just a matter of time till the stock 10 bolt starts screaming for attention.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I had no issue with my (at the time) stock 4l60e trans with a yank converter with cooler. For bolt ons the stock trans seemed to hold up fine.

As for the tires you will need wider rims to fit them properly. I'd go for the 315's if you can swing buying a wider rim. I'm on stock springs and have no issue with 315s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info