• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What f-body suspension springs are good?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
My Dad is looking to put new springs on his '98 T/A. Car is full-weight, minor mods...some suspension. He's got Eibach's now, and being several years old they have settled quite a bit. I don't follow the f-body mods, so I'd like to hear what's good. Right now his car has way too much drop, he's looking for firm but driveable (and daily driveabe...he's 80).

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I have. Don't do it. If you must go lower, go with strano's setup. Its a lowering kit that will get a bit over an inch drop with minimum loss in launch performance.

I'll consider that, I've heard that the strano way isnt bad for drag racing.
but yea aside from just me not liking how floaty the stock suspension feels on the road, I hate the wheel gap these cars have too.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If he's looking for a good handling spring with decent drag performance stranos are a good choice. If he's more drag oriented stock springs with the isolators removed in the rear and some nice coilovers in the front.

YES YES THIS!

But he seemed to be looking for more all around duty than drag specific... :D

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
well i hate to steal the thread but..

yea Im not looking to turn this car into an AutoX champ, just need something to improve the stability and make things a little more interesting in the corners. and again, I really think these cars look 100X better when lowered.

anyway, I didn't want to hurt my 60' too much so I can't get too tight of a set-up, the cars an auto so I still see it more as a drag racer than a turning car.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
If you want good in the twistes, good look, and okay launch go STRANO all the way!!!

IMHO nothing beats QA1's
My car was slammed on HAL QA1's w/ 275# springs and it launched like a beast.

Before some one says something yes I did drive it around like that but after a while I raised it backed up super easier when they are fully adjustable!!

Is this low enough for you? (Sorry for Cam phone quality)

22533272708.jpg

22533272709.jpg

22533272711.jpg

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i hate sam strano but you can't deny his knowledge. if you want all around awesomeness, his springs are the best you are going to get to be able to carve corners and still launch

i ran adjustable coilovers in the front and stock v6 springs in the rear
S6300112.jpg
MG]

looked gangster but it also allowed for an suv to literally drive over me.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Seems like everyone loves strano springs but I'm on the side everyone hates.
I have eibachs front and rear with stock shocks and to top it off they're sportlines. But with no suspension at all other than those I cut a 1.8 60' last year.
I'll be adding a set of qa1's to the car though this year to see how it goes.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I dont mean to be an asshole but a 1.8X 60' is nothing to brag about. I was pulling low low 1.6X like 1.61-1.63 every time on a 2.73 none-the less in my car, which is still nothing to brag about either. You may not think your springs are hurting you that much, or you might be happy with the 1.8X 60' but nothing beats a QA1 setup for launching at the track. :)

Every time I see that yellow camaro I cry a little inside...

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
SAM STRANO /thread

Perfect mix of performance and ride quality. Sam is a great guy too. Call him up and ask any question, he's always been great w/customer service.

http://www.stranoparts.com/

this.

amazing springs and awesome guy to deal with, he knows his shit. he even took the time to talk to me about the setup once i got them and explained how to set everything for the setup i was looking for. i wouldnt even think of doing any other set of springs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info