• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

trans blanket or ultrabell?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Everyone knows that clutches sometimes come apart and wreak havoc on their way out of the car. Not everyone knows that autos with their flexplates and converters can do the same thing.

I'm looking at possibly performing this safety upgrade on my car for this year.

Which way should I go? Blanket or ultrabell? Is the ultrabell install a PITA, or is it really as easy as cutting off the old housing and bolting up the ultrabell?

Discuss.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
:dnc:

IM000289.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
CSR I think is the best of both... and you dont constantly have to dick around with positioning the blanket.

I'm curious about how the CSR contributes to trans temps though. I know the blanket will warm it up... but the CSR should still allow for some airflow...

Regardless, it's time to get that big ass fan I bought for the trans cooler last year actually installed in the car. :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Converters can blow up too.

Bite the bullet and do the Ultra Bell and the blanket.The bell bolts to the pump with the same bolts. Easy install. Your trans guy will do it for cheap when he goes through the trans.

The added bulk the CSR shield adds becomes a pita to deal with. I have helped install a few and many hut the trans tunnel and such. Plus two I installed on a th400 did not have a cut out for the cooler lines. So we had to cut the cover to get the lines to the trans. WTF is that bull shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info