• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Knocking on the door!!! New PB "Cam Only"

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Took my "cam only" m6 car out today and ran a new PB of [email protected] with a 1.53 60'.

Quick run down on the car.
'00 SS Camaro
Built m6
Mcleod RST twin disk
Speed Inc SI5 (231/237 .589/.595 112lsa)
Drag Suspension
9" w/4:30s
28" ET Drags
A lot of weight reduction

7af42f59.jpg

1274a647.jpg

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Are you ever going to convert to an auto?

I'm gonna run the t56 as long as I can!!! It gets frustrating when I see autos clicking off numbers with easy, but it's also very rewarding when I reach a goal with the m6. Plus the car is A LOT more fun to cruise around in with the 6spd.

been looking at those newer twindisc clutches for jamie's junk

how do you like the mcleod unit? (pedal feel/lockup/etc)

Mcleod did an awsome job designing this clutch!!! It cruises around like stock and can handle everything I throw at it at the track. Pedal feel is great, it feels completey stock. Drag use with it is a little touchy, but most high power clutches are with the exception of "slipper" style clutches. I think when the RST finally dies I'll look at going with a "slipper" style clutch. I've got a buddy that's going to be doing this type of setup soon so I'll get some first hand experience of what it will be like on the street.

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
you say "touchy" at the track, how big is the breakover is it immediate or do you have a bit of feathering room?

non sprung hubs right?

Yes I believe they are non-sprung hubs. I have a small window where I can slip the clutch. It's not nearly as bad as say a single disk spec 3. The RST will be awsome once I find that sweet spot. I was playing around with it yesterday a little. Trying to see how far I could let the clutch out and do a quick slip. The biggest problem I have is finding the spot wear the suspension is loaded and the 2-step will stay activated (my 2-step is wired directly to my clutch switch.)

Congrats man! :bigthumb: Looks good!

Thanks man, the car has come along way in a short time!!! I laugh about it cuz I was fighting the car to get INTO the 11s at the begining of last year and with a few small tweaks now I'm shooting for 10s.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
any chance i could hear a video of how ur cam idles?? and did speed inc tune it? Trying to pick a good cam for the camaro build now and yours looks very interesting. However im a 4400 stalled camaro with a build 4L60e.

If you could that would be awesome thanks Great numbers btw

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
any chance i could hear a video of how ur cam idles?? and did speed inc tune it? Trying to pick a good cam for the camaro build now and yours looks very interesting. However im a 4400 stalled camaro with a build 4L60e.

If you could that would be awesome thanks Great numbers btw

No problem, Jim at Speed Inc has done all the tuning on the car. Last time on the rollers it made 419rwhp/390rwtq thru the 9". This cam would be a great choice for a stall auto as well. Here's a little clip of the car with the exhaust on. I'll post another vid later of it with the exhaust dumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZaxLOENJY

Fast Motorsports

Northside Badboy
Oct 16, 2008
Why dont you send me a PM with some specifics and some goals and lets work together to get you into a cam and supporting parts that will get you where you want to go.

Dont be scared of a large cam in a large stalled auto, its all in the tune how they drive. I can tell you that even a MS4 car or Trex car can purrrr right down the road and not surge or buck or have starting issues if its tuned correctly.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Why dont you send me a PM with some specifics and some goals and lets work together to get you into a cam and supporting parts that will get you where you want to go.

Dont be scared of a large cam in a large stalled auto, its all in the tune how they drive. I can tell you that even a MS4 car or Trex car can purrrr right down the road and not surge or buck or have starting issues if its tuned correctly.

texas speed recommended i use there 228 cam at 114 with like 580 ish lift. I want to run mid 11's like the car did befoire..... only this time I dont want to run these 1.8 rockers i want 1.7 The car has an ls6 cam inside it now and with sus and the big stall and head work and udp it ran 11.6

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL

Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info