• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Raising the bar, cam only AWD TBSS 12.422

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Well guys, I hit my new personal best on motor tonight at Great Lakes Dragaway.

Full run details: 12.422 @ 107.18mph, 1.685 60', 5.020 300', 7.849 1/8 mile @86.97mph, 10.320 1000'

DA was -70' at the approximate time of the run. The website I used is saying it was 48* out during the run, but my truck was showing 56*, so who knows. Going to try out some other calculators to compare.

Mods for those not in the know- DIY 4" brake duct CAI (card style MAF), ADM ported intake manifold, custom FAST motorsports cam (brandon you da man!), C6 efans, kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, catless y pipe, exhaust dumped, short belt, vigilante 3600 converter, RPM transmission, FAST motorsports tune, blown coilovers in the rear, and 250+ passes worth of experience in this truck. Probably missing some small crap, but I really dont pay attention to every little mod any more.

The truck has more in it. Both rear shocks are blown (still hooks, its awd duh!), out of adjustment on my upper control arms to correctly set pinion angle (need to buy adj. lowers too), truck is breaking up in 1st gear right before the shift for some reason, and there will be even lower DA coming very soon. Stay tuned for 12.3x passes.

My previous best was 12.43x at -250' DA , with more weight reduction, and on short tires. This pass was on the stock 20's

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
u should def stop by for the UG on october 3rd, Tom will be there with the charger...and so will Mr.Norms Garage with their cars (www.mrnormsgarage.com).
You can chat and hang out...also there'll be a few Jeep SRT8's...and i know theres some kind of a rivalry between them and the TBSS'

Already planning on going to that. A few TBSS guys invited me

So... you going to get some lighter wheels and dr's again or what? I want to see that think pull some 12.0x and trap 110 on the motor.

Im thinking about it. Expensive though for 4 tires that are reasonably sticky.
Congrats on the times.

I usually dont LOL at cars that beat me though. :hsugh:

Its got a 6.1 hemi, 425hp from the factory, the guy is running DRs, easily weighs 500lbs less than my truck, and it has a blower on it. Id be willing to bet it has me by over 100hp to the wheels. It ran a 12.3 on a 1.9 60' at something like 115mph. I cut an .017 light to his .127 and he had a fender on me going through the traps. Hardly impressive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info