• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

no cooling fans

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
no cooling fans *FIXED*

since ive done my ms4 cam..(only thing i removed was waterpump pertaining to the cooling system)..ive been getting coolant bubbling out of my resevoir..the fans will not turn on..but will turn on with the ac on, or commanded on with a tech 2. ive replaced the coolant temp sensor, and radiator cap..i have to keep the ect sensor unplugged so my fans will stay on...

poor gas mileage>smokin a motor

anyways..is there a coolant temp switch on the pass side of the engine that tells the pcm to command the fans on? ive heard of it but can only find them on the ltx motors...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Well, there is the relay... but your fans are on.... What temp do you see with the ECT plugged in? Remember, with stock settings the fans won't usually turn on until your at 195*+, if your not hitting those temps, or you have air in the system preventing the computer from seeing those temps, you will not get the fans to kick on

I'd start with trying to get all the air out of your cooling system, then start looking at other things......

And bubbling in the coolant system can be a sign of a bad head gasket or just a sign of air in the system

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
you most likely still have bubbles in your heads... they're hard to get out. Easiest way is to take the crossover pipe's rubber hose off. The one that runs to the radiator... thats the one. REMOVE IT from the crossover pipe between the front of the cyl heads, and replace it with a 6' or so section of vac hose that you can run to an empty coolant jug on the floor in front of the car. With the car running and your hose in place, fill the radiator until coolant pours steadily from that hose. You should now be free of bubbles. Cap the radiator and top off the overflow with whatever coolant you're using and then with the car off, replace the hose from the radiator to the cross over pipe.

Did you have the car tuned yet with the new cam? What values are your fans set to turn on at? What temp is the car getting up to?

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
i did not have the car tuned YET with the new cam..everything is set to stock value, according to my dash gauge its only getting to 210, and the gm tech 2 was telling me it was at 230, then i shut it down. ive heard the dash gauges suck in these cars anyways..i did have a steady stream of coolant coming out of that pipe that come from the crossover to the radiator..we got a ait powered suction tool thatll put the whole cooling system into a vacuum and when you release the vacuum itll pull coolant in from a bottle..will try that next.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
i feel like a moron..but here goes..maybe if someone does this as well, they will find this thread..the 2 lines that go to the top of the radiator..right by the fill..the one that comes from the crossover..and one that goes to the resevoir..were crossed..the resevoir was on bottom and heads line was on top..switched them..ran the car..got the bubbles out, fans turned on..everythings hunky dory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info