• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help with next mods. GTO owners help

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Ok guys. Motor is finally built and tuned and this biatch hauls balls. pulled on a camaro with heads cam rockers, rear end with straight cut gears 3.73 and 4000 stall..... anywho.....

I now need to be able to make it down the track in 1 piece. What kind of drive shaft should i get? what kind of axles and stubs?? any other ideas??? also best prices or places to get them thanks a lot

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
The first thing to go are the clutch.. then the half shafts.. then inner stubs.. then the drive shaft.. then the diff

from my research, the things to get are...
clutch- monster
half shafts- gforce1320 (I have one level 2 practically new)
stubs- bmr/gforce1320
driveshaft- 2pc hendrix engineering
trans- have it rebuilt by TICK
differential- eaton TRUtrac

BUT if i were you, i would just replace
level 3 monster clutch
Tilton Master cylinder
King rear drag springs
adjustable rear shocks

then just replace all the drivetrain parts as they break...

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
The first thing to go are the clutch.. then the half shafts.. then inner stubs.. then the drive shaft.. then the diff

from my research, the things to get are...
clutch- monster
half shafts- gforce1320 (I have one level 2 practically new)
stubs- bmr/gforce1320
driveshaft- 2pc hendrix engineering
trans- have it rebuilt by TICK
differential- eaton TRUtrac

BUT if i were you, i would just replace
level 3 monster clutch
Tilton Master cylinder
King rear drag springs
adjustable rear shocks

then just replace all the drivetrain parts as they break...

Car has ls7 clutch stock driveshaft half shafts and etc. U have those halfshafts in the car or out? If not in the car would u sell them??

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
I can vouch for GForce axles quality based on the reviews off cadillacforums for the CTS-V1.

Honestly I think all these shops just send out their specs to DSS and they end up making the axles for them. In any case, they have been shown to work on the street. Track on the other hand, I have yet to see them in action.

GM engineers used the same method (small axle/big axle combo) to eliminate wheel hop on the CTS-V2, there's actually a youtube video somewhere that goes into detail with that development.

In addition to the axles, I think cradle bushings and a good brace can also help reduce wheel hop.

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
So u don't use 2 anti hop axles?

The way the 'anti hop axles' work is that one is a different diameter then the other and it works off of harmonics.

For stubs, inner and outer i would go with G-Force

Axles I would go with level 2 anti wheel hop axles

For drive shaft i would go with a carbon fiber one piece drive shaft. You can go to a couple different places for that.

Clutch i would go with a monster 5 unless all you are going to do is track this car then i would go monster 6

If you are going to replace the posy i would go with a 33 spline, if you going to do it this would be the time!

Let us know when your ready to do it and we'll see what kind of deal we can work out for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info