• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Where to get Cutout installed?

So, I just finished wiring up my QTP Oval cutouts. Spliced ASR/TCS to get the power to the switch and then also routed wire under the carpet to the grommit in the rear passenger side seat. Now...the actual cutout pipe isn't installed yet..

I want to put it where the I-Pipe bends up to go over the axle, which sounds like a common place. I'm in Schaumburg, so anyone know where I can get this done? Couple questions too:

1) Who installs 'em?
2) How much does it usually cost?
3) Do I need to detatch my I-Pipe and bring that to them or do I just bring my car and they do everything?

Cully77

Regular
Feb 20, 2009
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Scott
I searched and found a topic on what I was looking for, amazing what the interweb can do! haha

Anyway, bk did you end up having it done at one of the sponsor shops? Impressions, advice?

Anybody else have input? I'm in AH, so I'm probably check out Deans Performance... Should I tell them that anyone sent me? or mention TCG?

Cully77

Regular
Feb 20, 2009
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Scott
Lane, I appreciate the advice. I gave them a call, and then called Deans... i'm going with Deans. John and Scott's is much more of a repair shop, and the guy on the phone couldn't tell me much more than 1 guy at the shop has a car that he races and "he could do it". But the dude was very nice.

Not saying they couldn't but Dean's answered all of my questions, not to mention they have probably done 1000 of these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info