• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Problems begin....Upgrades coming :)

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
well it seems the gto loves to leak clutch fluid somewhere, it leaks pretty slowly and might even still be air in the system from when i had to bleed it in the street as fast as i could to get to school, but i dont think so because it went empty before i even touched the clutch system (fluid went completely empty and filled of air when i was at ISU, had to shift from ISU back home with no clutch... that was fun lol thank god for rev matching) I havent had a chance to get it up in the air but plan on it in the next week or so.

for now ive been adding about 1/4 cup of fluid every other day. if i keep an eye on the fluid level i have no issues, but if i dont it runs out and air gets in the system, so since im not sure what has been replaced or done to the car, its time to get the part list going for a nice clutch system overhaul.

04 GTO has 65k miles

so heres the plan :

-Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder Kit
-GM slave cylinder and throwout bearing
-Remote bleeder kit
-Monster Level 3 Clutch / Lightweight Flywheel
-GMM or Hurst Short Throw

I was wondering if the LSx / GTO had any advice or thoughts and would like to chime in :) or anything im missing that can be upgraded/replaced that i dont have listed

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
LS7 clutch and flywheel would be just fine honetly. I loved my hurst in my TA and my pro 5.0 was great aswell. a GM slave and throw out would be just fine aswell.. If your going to for sure DD this and not really throw mad mods on it the big clutch isn't really needed, the LS7 clutch can handle ALOT

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
ya i thought about it, but monster has a 100$ off deal right now for the winter. so a 700hp clutch/flywheel package is less then $600 and id rather spend the extra 70 bucks difference from the ls7 clutch and get something better, i could go level 2 but i like the 6 puck and the fact the lvl 3 can take a good beating at the track and knowing i have a couple hundred hp/tq to spare

i dont think the drivablility between the lvl 2 and 3 is going to be a big difference, also ill probably be around 450-500 hp/tq next year and dont like that the lvl 2 is only rated at 525.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
:rofl: you bought a gto and now your hot shit huh? Good luck with that.

nope never said that, but i promise to be much faster then the training wheels u drive

did you say his brother is going to run faster in a v6 firebird?

no he thinks he can drive my car better then me and challenged me that he can put faster times down with my car, so ill let him drive mine next year to show him its not true

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info