100% junk

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
:ford:

lmfao i have been helping my buddy james (not as numerous as mike but hey...we cant all be generic :bowrofl:) with his 89 rust free arizona hatch

what started as a drivetrain swap from alan's GT turned into me doing a full rebuild of the dss 306 due to a bent crank snout (falling from 4+ft will do that) while there i did some work to the block and trick flow heads/topend...and it spiraled outta control once he wanted to weld/fill the engine bay and repaint it to get rid of the shitty macco job...

and now it has the garantelli kmember/a arm and coilover package going in so i went over to help yank the OE K member...took him less than 4 hours to get the drivers side spring/strut/knuckle off (though i had to show him the proper method of removing the knuckle from the ball joint.

took just 1 hour for me to finish the drivers side and the passenger side (it's fun as hell scaring the shit outta him when i poped the pass spring out quick and dirty) and to drop the rack and K member down.

for those curious it's a vortech blown, juiced, rebuilt dss 306 shorty in front of a tko 600 in sheeps clothing (it's a baddd macco/earlsheib paintjob) sumped tank/A1000/60lbhr and rails, yada yada yada

the goal: to split the block :io:
old n minty heavy bastard
oldcrap.jpg

finaly plenty of room to work to finish welding the unibody rails, etc
filledandsmoothedbayinjames89hatch.jpg

the new junk
foxKmember.jpg

i'm still trying to convince him to topswap his 06 GP GT but he wants at least one of his cars reliable :bowrofl::bowrofl::ford:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Nice, did you have any fitment issues with the Granatelli K-Member??
no problem with mockup though there's enough play to require the a arms be in so i can square it to the chassis, at that point it's just making sure the rearend is square.

with the new moroso pan i'm pretty sure the boltin brace is gonna have to be left out but we'll see...i'd like to drop in the motor setback the 1 inch to make more room for the blower belt bur thats all down the road

i finished welding all the unibody sheetmetal and welding in the fillers for the unibody rail gaps, not as good as a cage and tiebars but at least it's more rigid than it was... pulled more of the brake system while in there...it's getting closer to getting painted, but he's doing the bitch work so who knows when that'll happen lol.
driverssideweldedunibody.jpg

sorry fer getting yer hopes up joe lol whens yer babe gonna get fixed?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I can be over in 5..... But my jew hand hasn't been working lately....... Just put the damn V8 in it already, it will take less time than fixing the motor/trans/electronics already in there

i gotta try this fucking thing threw down the gauntlet and i havent let cars kick my ass diagnostics wise yet....

how was the vacation?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
i gotta try this fucking thing threw down the gauntlet and i havent let cars kick my ass diagnostics wise yet....

how was the vacation?

It was good, except saturday.... Leaving Sacramento, it was 72* sunny with a cool breeze..... Arrive at midway, snow/rain and 34*....fuck chicago

If you light the cressida on fire, it cannot kick your ass....and that's a fact

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info