• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lowering springs help

ASAULTMECH

Regular
Jun 25, 2008
Hi,

I’m going to put on a set of H & R lowering springs on my ’03 Cobra. I’m looking for some suggestions on whether to use the sports or race spring set. Any steering suggestions would be appreciated as we are replacing the tie-rod ends and lower ball joints. Is it better to stay with the rubber bushings on the lower control arm, or the urethane bushings? Any help is greatly appreciated.

:biggthump

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
I have the H&R Sports and I had the Race on another Cobra I had. Both are great but the Sports sit lower but ride nicer. You could go the cheaper route and retain stock ride quality if you cut the stock springs. They look best when 3/4-1 full coil is cut.

ASAULTMECH

Regular
Jun 25, 2008
i was talking to mm about the h&r spring and said the sport are good on the 99/01 cobras but with more weight in the front on the 03 the nose dives easyer. and the nose rides lower in the front, the race 1's keep the car more level and handle the extra weight better. thats why i'm checking with you to see what your experinece is.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
i was talking to mm about the h&r spring and said the sport are good on the 99/01 cobras but with more weight in the front on the 03 the nose dives easyer. and the nose rides lower in the front, the race 1's keep the car more level and handle the extra weight better. thats why i'm checking with you to see what your experinece is.
That's the biggest load of CRAP! I'm really surprised to hear that kind of B.S. from a reputable company. My car sits very level and does not nose dive under hard braking. If you would like to see it in person I live in Mundelein and would be glad to show you how bad the info was that you were getting. My car is at the body shop this week due to an incident with a raccoon but I should have it back by next weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info