• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2nd Alternator is out

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I replaced my alternator cuz my bearings were shot in the original. Got it a Ford, about 6 weeks ago, it is out now too. Squeaks bad when cold. I run a 4 # lower, and a 3.5 alt pulley. What the hell do I do from here on out.

On cold startups it squeaks when the clutch is pressed in, but when I let off it stops uless I rev it. I cant believe it went out this fast. What is everyone else out there doing about this problem?

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Oct 13, 2007
That's odd it's going out so fast. Do you put anything on your belt, belt dressing? Is your belt overly tight? There has to be some sort of warranty on it, I replaced mine with an oem one and haven't had any problems since, I also run the Metco 3.5" alt pulley. I will say it sucks to remove it but not the hardest thing to get to.

Are you 100% sure it's not the belt? What belt are you running?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
That's odd it's going out so fast. Do you put anything on your belt, belt dressing? Is your belt overly tight? There has to be some sort of warranty on it, I replaced mine with an oem one and haven't had any problems since, I also run the Metco 3.5" alt pulley. I will say it sucks to remove it but not the hardest thing to get to.

Are you 100% sure it's not the belt? What belt are you running?

I dont think it was the belt. Its a Gates. I actually went to a little smaller belt and the squeaking stopped for a while and then it came right back.

The alt is under warranty from ford Ill be getting a new one.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I replaced my alternator cuz my bearings were shot in the original. Got it a Ford, about 6 weeks ago, it is out now too. Squeaks bad when cold. I run a 4 # lower, and a 3.5 alt pulley. What the hell do I do from here on out.

On cold startups it squeaks when the clutch is pressed in, but when I let off it stops uless I rev it. I cant believe it went out this fast. What is everyone else out there doing about this problem?

Alternator has nothing to do with the clutch, you might have other issues going on that are not related to the alternator

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info