• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T56 rebuild/refresh

Blown Bullitt

Mar 16, 2007
well i just bought this trans from some guy in Indiana and he told me the trans has Liberty gears in it and an upgraded input shaft etc. since i dont know what to look for i'd rather have the trans looked over and inspected to make sure everything is good to go before i install it on my car and run into issues

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
well i just bought this trans from some guy in Indiana and he told me the trans has Liberty gears in it and an upgraded input shaft etc. since i dont know what to look for i'd rather have the trans looked over and inspected to make sure everything is good to go before i install it on my car and run into issues

I'm probably the ONE of just few inevitable failures that has to happen every year, nobody's perfect but I still got screwed and I won't recomend Liberty.

I hope you got told the truth, but it costs at least $350.00 for an inspection "I" would think, you just need some one who has done it several times, for them, it's so simple it's NOT fair what we have to pay, but when it comes to making money fixing cars, well THAT is a BEOTCH, so I guess there's got to be somewhere to make a profit, and it seems with T-56's we get hosed, good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info