• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spring maint - blower oil change

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Yesterday, I changed the engine oil, blower oil, cleaned the interior, washed waxed the outside and washed the engine bay. It took me 5 hours. I felt the car needed some TLC after going through that shitty winter we had.

For those of you who changed their supercharger oil, I have a few questions:

1. I used a small piece of tubing to suck out the oil and had a very hard time getting the tube down into the supercharger. This seemed to be due to a piece of metal blocking the hole right behind the opening. Did you have the same problem?

2. I managed to suck out about 6 ounces of oil. Does that sound about right?

3. I've read that the supercharger oil is supposed to be real stinky, but mine didn't smell much at all. It also seemed like it was still in good condition (light tan and clear). Did yours stink real bad? What did it look like?

I replaced the oil with BP 2380 Turbo Oil which seems to have a similar weight and viscocity as the oil that came out. Also, it's fully synthetic and should provide better lubrication than the GM stuff. I couldn't get the Ford XL-4 stuff anywhere, unless I wanted to special order it for $60.

4. Have any of you used the BP 2380 oil? It seems popular with the Lightning crowd.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
6 oz. is about right to get out, as far as the oil goes, I don't know if that oil is good or not for this application. The big problem is you are evaluating the oils viscosity cold, not at the oils operating temp., which is much hotter. Oil is designed to work in specific temp. ranges with specific characteristics at those temps. and they can vary greatly from oil to oil. You may be the experiment, unless anybody else has already tried this oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info