• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

A/C Delete

03GEETEE

The "2V" of Chitown
Feb 26, 2007
Plan on using FRPP's A/C delete Idler pulley.

Has anyone installed this piece?

I would like to remove everything and anything that has to do with the A/C (lines, fittings, etc) not just the compressor that the new idler takes the place of. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this?

I have the pulley from Ford and its a great piece. I deleted everything regarding the AC lines, condensor, compressor and it really cleans up the engine bay. The ford piece comes with a nice little clip to attach your old harness to the compressor too.

JTR

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
I ran the frpp pulley for awhile
then I created my own setup which really gives you some good room/cleans shit up.
I believe the belt routing on a 4v is the same. I deleted both idlers and the a/c pulley and did not have to run the extra frpp idler.
pm me for info, if I ever get ambitious I'd actually like to throw together a kit and sell 'em.

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
My head?

Look at all the things attached to the AC compressor and condensor and remove them. The only things you will be left with is the to line connections that run into firewall, otherwise is really easy stuff.

JTR

What pieces should I be aware of while I'm taking shit off that has to do with Vapors? Need to know when I should run away. heh. How long of a job was it for you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info