• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Coil over setting?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok I pretty much got the one side done. I just need to know from all of you guys that have done coilovers where do I initially set the screw for the ride height. I have it in the middle right now.

Attachments

• Picture 640.jpg
    Picture 640.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 52

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
i set mine at 18-22 threads from the bottom......it's your ride height with the rear you wanna be close with..but i have mine shimmed different then you so it gonna be trial and error....plus drive it a bit and let it settle....you know the rule....once you jack it up and let it down the car must roll in order to sit correctly......

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
what k frame is that? i havnt seen one that had a spring perch or (whatever its called) on the a-arm before....hmmm

but mine is set at about 15 threads up and i got about 1" clearance over front tire...but i can raise and lower my rear to match so i went LOW:D

Its PA racing. I was going to stay with the regular springs, but it didnt work out so I pretty much ordered a coilover kit last week and here I am.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info