• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rear brake issues...

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I have been having an issue with the little anti rattle clips that go on the sides of the pads. They keep breaking, which causes the brakes to chirp like crazy while driving.

I can only assume I am being too rough on them when installing the pads. I know they are designed to be a tight fit, but what’s the best method for squeezing them in there without stressing them out? Or is it possible that the brake install kits I have been using from autozone, are just absolute junk? Or is there possibly another issue?

Any help is appreciated.... I am getting tired of swapping them out.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
autozone stuff is REALLY cheap, the other day I bought some rotors for a brake job I was doing for a friend. The rotors must have been out of rotors, I couldn't get them to sit square on the wheel bearing. I bet OEM ford clips should do the trick.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
ok new question....

Here is a diagram of the stock brake setup....
sn95_rear_caliper_diagram.jpg

I keep breaking the anti rattle clips (#12) so I bought the hardware kit below...

The kit comes with 8 new anti rattle clips (marked by red circles)

hardwarekit.gif

my question is.... WTF are the things marked with green circles and where do they go?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info